Last.fm - personalized radio streams in MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

5Hundred

Portal Pro
December 14, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi again RTV, about 1 hour after posting i noticed that i could change within music playlist, doh!

However i think we're agreed that this option would be useful under the last.fm main gui also.

Can i just add the button to the lastfm xml skinfile or do you need to do a bit more programming?

I'm afraid i cant code but if theres anything i can do to help just ask.

Thanks

hendriku

August 2, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey, great plugin! Is there any way to play my own library? Don't if it possible but can't figure it out. thnx

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    LastFM groups listening

Hi RTV,first thank you for this great plugin,is there a way to listen a LastFM joined group (ex:i'm a MP group member can i select it inside LastFM plugin?) cause if it is i'm not able to find this option?

Best Regardas!!!

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Awesome plugin. Works flawlessly for me with one exception: The covert art is only showing up in menus OTHER than the main plugin menu, where it just shows a large black box--same in fullscreen. Any similar experiences or thoughts on resolution?

Which skin do you use?
    Well, I had been using Blue Two. I just changed to Blue3, and for the first track pulled from Last.FM, it showed the cover art properly, but then when it grabbed the next track, it went back to not displaying on the main page... only on other pages as a thumbnail.

Hi RTV,

I'm using Blue 3 Wide and StreapMP, neither skin is showing the covert art with Last.FM.
    Is there a problem with the new skins?

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Skinning Last.FM

Hi RTV and happy new year!

I've been tweaking the Last.FM skin file for StreamedMP to add in the Playlist functionality that you added to the recent version and made available in B3(W) and XFace, and I've had a reasonable amount of success. The playlist shows and populates correctly. However, as you can see in the screenshot below, I can't get the thumbnails of the album art to display in the playlist itself. I have no problem with the cover art for the currently playing track (as you can see), and a check of the logs shows that the album art is being downloaded. It's just not showing up.

Can you give any hints? I can't find any documentation for the plugin anywhere, so I've based it on your Blue3 Wide skinfile. I've attached my logs (showing the successful download of the artwork) and a copy of the skinfile I've been working on. I'm using the latest release of StreamedMP on MP 1.0.0.

Thanks in advance!

Rob.

PS - there are two entries in error.log that seem to be related to audioscrobbling. Not sure if that has anything to do with your code, but I've attached for completeness.

Attachments

• LastFMStreamedMP.jpg
      LastFMStreamedMP.jpg
      139.5 KB
    • MyRadioLastFM.xml
      30.6 KB

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    However, as you can see in the screenshot below, I can't get the thumbnails of the album art to display in the playlist itself. I have no problem with the cover art for the currently playing track (as you can see), and a check of the logs shows that the album art is being downloaded. It's just not showing up.

Can you give any hints? I can't find any documentation for the plugin anywhere, so I've based it on your Blue3 Wide skinfile. I've attached my logs (showing the successful download of the artwork) and a copy of the skinfile I've been working on. I'm using the latest release of StreamedMP on MP 1.0.0.
    Sorry for the delay - I couldn't find a valid download for that skin and had to check it out from sources...

The plugin itself does nothing "special" to populate the listcontrol therefore I checked your skin file:
    Basically the file you have attached is correct and working nicely. However there seems to be a little "style" flaw in the "references.xml". This file is meant to contain reasonable defaults for every control type (which safes you from re-defining all properties everywhere you need a control). The default listcontrol entry for StreamMP however has this:

Code:
        <IconXOff>1000</IconXOff>
        <IconYOff>1000</IconYOff>

I doubt this is the wanted "default" behaviour you desire as it effectively moves the pictures out of the control's visible area.

To verify this you could change it to e.g. to B3's default:
    Code:
        <IconXOff>12</IconXOff>
        <IconYOff>4</IconYOff>

Remember that someone might have done this on purpose (not knowing that only the individual screen's control which was not meant to display icons should have been adjusted). So please make sure to check other listcontrol appearances which do NOT define this property.

PS - there are two entries in error.log that seem to be related to audioscrobbling. Not sure if that has anything to do with your code, but I've attached for completeness.

Thanks for the report - these are not really critical; just indicating that the xml response received from last.fm contained some rubbish.

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Thanks for that! That was exactly the problem. You're right, it's odd default behaviour, and is guaranteed to catch newbie skinners such as myself out. I've posted a query in the StreamedMP forum to see if it's deliberate or not.

Thanks again,

Rob.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey RTV... Was wondering if you have heard of any odd behavour between Last.FM and WinAmp milkdrop visuals... Seems that my Milkdrop is crashing due to certain behavour from Last.fm... Does not happen in my music or any other section of mediaportal that allows the visuals to show.. Thanks....

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh, just tell me what logs you need and I"ll compile... Um another thing, completely off subject... Seeing that Last.FM is showing me all these amazing bands, would be nice if I could some how bring up some band info... I know Last.FM has this information, seen a simular process be used in mVids, also a brilliant plugin...

So I guess I'm asking, how hard would this be to integrate, you could really make some amazing skins, just imagine flying through all these cool songs with band info coming up... One better, if my lyrics could work outside of the music section.. I know this is not the case at the moment due to internal communication problems or something, but wouldn't that be fine... New music with lyrics and info just bombarding you :D

One can only but dream I guess :) Thanks again for an amazing plugin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom