Last.fm - personalized radio streams in MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When you select the Enter an Artist, or Enter a tag button in the OSD. The keyboard will automatically open instead of the text entry line for the SMS option. With the SMS option you do not get the keyboard.

Chuck

Woodzmeister

Portal Member
    April 10, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Switch Last.fm account

Firstly - to whoever's created the pluging :D. It's suddenly meant that my missus suddenly sees the value in having a HTPC - and she loves it.

However - her musical taste is somewhat dubious (she would argue mine is as well) so we have a constant battle between us as to whose account is active.

Is there any way to switch the user accounts set up in the audioscrobbler plugin from the lastfm plugin via the remote control?I can't seem to see anything

Apologies if it's a stupid question, and thanks for any responses received.

Kind regards,

Stephen

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Firstly - to whoever's created the pluging :D. It's suddenly meant that my missus suddenly sees the value in having a HTPC - and she loves it.

However - her musical taste is somewhat dubious (she would argue mine is as well) so we have a constant battle between us as to whose account is active.

Is there any way to switch the user accounts set up in the audioscrobbler plugin from the lastfm plugin via the remote control?I can't seem to see anything

Apologies if it's a stupid question, and thanks for any responses received.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Sounds very, very familiar. An option to switch from account very easily is more then welcome :)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You can switch last.fm account in MP gui, from Music click current playlist & down on that page you can switch user.

Regards
    Roy

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    True.

If you already have several users set up you can even switch them on the last.fm screen (MP 1.0.1 is required):
    Just open the context menu ("i" button on MCE remote or "F9") - it will give you an option to select from a list of all configured users.

I am currently considering to add an option that will ask for the account (kind of login like) whenever you enter the plugin.

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    True.

If you already have several users set up you can even switch them on the last.fm screen (MP 1.0.1 is required):
    Just open the context menu ("i" button on MCE remote or "F9") - it will give you an option to select from a list of all configured users.

I am currently considering to add an option that will ask for the account (kind of login like) whenever you enter the plugin.

Didn't know that, I upgraded yesterday to 1.0.1.
    So tonight I will try this, thanks for the advice. :D

Woodzmeister

Portal Member
    April 10, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    rtv - thanks very much! I didn't even know the context menu existed (and this is after using MediaPortal since Christmas). MediaPortal is even better then I thought it was. My wife is now very, very pleases (though as the first tag she edited was 'Eurovision' - I may have to 'break' her account :)).

Once again - thanks very much!

Stephen

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    May I ask what the purpose of the two skin labels #Play.Current.Lastfm.CurrentStream and #Play.Current.Lastfm.ArtistInfo ?

I see #Play.Current.Lastfm.CurrentStream used in the skin, but I don't see anything on the screen.

Thanks

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom