Last.fm - personalized radio streams in MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Any chance getting #Play.Current.Thumb working for Last.FM ? It would be nice to see a reference CD cover displayed (when there is one) for the current song title.
    Chuck

+1!

Is there any thumb supprorted in last.fm that could be used in a music overlay? I am happy to incorporate it into skin defined overlays, but I cannot find a GUIProperty that works. I tried #Play.Current.Thumb and #Play.Current.ArtistThumb but neither of those work.

WindsorTheater

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2009
    Scrobbler - similar vs random (offline)

When playing music on the now playing screen (from my library) I see scrobbler options - Random, Similar.

I see what random does - populates the playlist with random tracks from my library. Similar does nothing as far as I can tell as teh playlist does not appear to populate with any new music. I imagine it should populate the playlist with 'similar' tracks based on what is currently playing or what was first selected to play but it does not. Is this purely a last.fm radio function or can it apply to local music? Is it broken?

My last.fm sub is expired but I'm not playing last.fm music just local content.

Ticiano

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    I use "similar" here and it works. I think your case confirms my suspect that this "similar" function uses something from de lastfm online system to determine this "similarity" in my library files... This function has much more precision than I'd expect if it was based simple in the taglines of my files...

Could anyone confirm this?

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here are the issues I have with the Last.fm plugin. Running 1.1.0 beta with not SVNs.

1. it does not use the visualzation i have (milkdrop).

2. it does not store any tags i enter. I do get artists stored for quick retrieval, but no tags are stored. I have never had it store tags. even with re-builds, re-installs, upgrades, etc...

If these 2 things get fixed, it would be great. Having to type in the few tags I like every time is getting old. I can post any information needed to help solve these. would love to work with someone to get these solved. If they have been solved, please let me know so I can anxiously await the release with these fixed.

Any info at all would be appreciated on these issues, though.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are the issues I have with the Last.fm plugin. Running 1.1.0 beta with not SVNs.

1. it does not use the visualzation i have (milkdrop).

You'd need at least a skin which sets "allowoverlay" to true. Then however the overlay/preview/viz code in MP is a big mess and you'll likely get some issues...

2. it does not store any tags i enter. I do get artists stored for quick retrieval, but no tags are stored. I have never had it store tags. even with re-builds, re-installs, upgrades, etc...

There might be a little misunderstanding. The tags which are displayed by MP are your account's "top tags" not a history of those you entered before. There's a workaround though which will do what you intend:
    Just browse the last.fm site and find some bands matching the tags you usually enter. Then "tag" them (the artist, the album, the track - it doesn't matter) right there.
    All the tags you've applied will appear in MediaPortal. Just give it some time as last.fm's webservices are cached...

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    thanks for the response. I understand #1 now. But still confused on #2.

I don't know why this plugin won't pull down my recent tags like it does for my recent artists? I have been using last fm for a while, both on MP and just on the web. on several different computers.

I got 3 pages of artists that get pulled down from last FM in MP, but no tags. Which is odd because I mostly do listening based on tag, not artist. I guess I don't understand why it will pull down my recent artists, but not my recent tags? Even if it takes a month for the last FM servers to cache stuff and populate my account, or whatever, I have been a last fm user WAY longer than that.

could you explain it a little better? I guess I am missing something....

:D

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    nevermind. I think I figured it out. I have to create my own tags in last.fm. I did that on a few artsits real quick to see if they will pull up.

when I would go to last.fm, I would just select the tags tab on the right, and type in the type of music I was in the mood for. I thought last fm saved those I typed in. thanks for the education!!!

If this does not work, I will write back seeking further wisdom. thanks again.

WOW, you are fast!!!

thanks again!! before about 15 minutes ago, that tag list would have been empty!!!

boombastic

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    I'm using mp 1.1 beta no svn.
    When i set the lastfm account i the audioscrobler plugin it doesn't save the access data. If i repoen the plugin configuration no account is set.
    Any help?Thank you!

dolitsky

Portal Member
    January 9, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Home Country
    Continuous play not working?

This may seem totally dumb, but how can I set last.fm to play music continously?

When listening to My Last.FM all works fine (tags, scrobbling, etc) but after playing the first song in the list it stops and I have to manually select the next song.

Is there something to set in the plugin configuration or when starting the stream?

Any help (or kick in the pants) is appreciated.

Thanks;
    Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom