[solved] Latest Media Handler - Latests empty (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i
    What version are we talking about?
    Release version in MPE repository (with small bug due FH not installed)
    Yes 2.3.0.65.
    What number of fairly basic issues when using it with MP 1.18?
    1. In the Config, regardless of what I select in the top box, after closing and saving and closing MP Config. with OK, when re-opened it is always blank, see attached screenshot (config). This is not a problem with MP 1.19pre.
    2. Screenshot tvs-1-3 it is not possible to navigate from the lower strip to the upper strip using the arrow keys on the remote unless there is a middle strip present that allows further upper migration, i.e. if the middle strip is Show Times for example then its nav. controls take over and the upper strip can only be accessed with a mouse.
    3. TV Series only, after navigating to one of the tiles on the upper strip OK or Enter will not play the selected item but just brings up text details, see screenshot tvs-4, it will play with a left mouse click.. Hitting OK in the same situation with Mov.Pics, Music etc does result in playback of the selected item.

config.jpg tvs-1.jpg tvs-2.jpg tvs-3.jpg tvs-4.jpg

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2. Screenshot tvs-1-3 it is not possible to navigate from the lower strip to the upper strip using the arrow keys on the remote unless there is a middle strip present that allows further upper migration, i.e. if the middle strip is Show Times for example then its nav. controls take over and the upper strip can only be accessed with a mouse.
    3. TV Series only, after navigating to one of the tiles on the upper strip OK or Enter will not play the selected item but just brings up text details, see screenshot tvs-4, it will play with a left mouse click.. Hitting OK in the same situation with Mov.Pics, Music etc does result in playback of the selected item.
    Both are intentionally implementations of skin functionality, nothimg to do with the LMH itself ;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Both are intentionally implementations of skin functionality, nothimg to do with the LMH itself
    Bit strange that it is not possible to navigate from one strip to another if there are only 2 but it is possible when there are 3??o_O
    Why is it only the TV Series upper strip that can not be utilized properly with the remote, pressing OK plays the selected items in the upper strip of Music, Mov.Pics and Recorded TV etc. If you are saying that it is a bug in the skin functionality of TV-S which will be fixed and nothing to do with LMH then fair enough but I find it hard to believe that it is an intentional.;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    About TVSeries in LMH and Play (Hit Ok):
    If show episodes then play selected episode, if season or series then go to Details view for Season or Series...

About config, need log, what happened with settings... may be Language related :(

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bit strange that it is not possible to navigate from one strip to another if there are only 2 but it is possible when there are 3??o_O
    Sure it´s a bit strange, but skin engine is as it is and does not allow navigation as you or I like it - or do you really think I would do something like this if there was another solution? ;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    About TVSeries in LMH and Play (Hit Ok):
    If show episodes then play selected episode, if season or series then go to Details view for Season or Series...
    If I have Series or Season selected then I confirm it does go to details with OK, working fine. With Episodes though it does not play just briefly flashes the screen and displays as per screenshot tvs-4 in previous post.
    About config, need log, what happened with settings... may be Language related :(
    Yes looks like Language, changed MP skin to English (UK) and selection shows, see attached screenshot. The attached log is for a config. with skin set to German and change for TV-S to Episodes, then an attempt to play one of the displayed episodes.
    config-2.jpg
    UPDATE:_ my mp 1.19pre is also with skin set to English

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_23_02_18__15_00.zip
      254.2 KB
    Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sure it´s a bit strange, but skin engine is as it is and does not allow navigation as you or I like it - or do you really think I would do something like this if there was another solution? ;)
    Couldn't you have used the skin as a trampoline to jump high enough to reach the upper strip?:ROFLMAO:
    Just a thought:p.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    If I have Series or Season selected then I confirm it does go to details with OK, working fine. With Episodes though it does not play just briefly flashes the screen and displays as per screenshot tvs-4 in previous post.

Yes looks like Language, changed MP skin to English (UK) and selection shows, see attached screenshot. The attached log is for a config. with skin set to German and change for TV-S to Episodes, then an attempt to play one of the displayed episodes.
    View attachment 196468
    Its fixed in new Version to :) i think ;)

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Its fixed in new Version to :) i think ;)
    Hope so, once working it is a very nice plugin.:)(y)
    P.S. It would be nice to have an option to not display the upper strip for Online Videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom