launch live tv ( and change channels?) directly using generic hid (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then I would recommend that external Inteset receiver over the HP one. That's based on the fact that the one Inteset internal receiver I reviewed did support the full range of functionality from the original Microsoft receiver and the HP one did not.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    HP MCE remotes / receivers also come in different models depending on seller, had total of 3 in the past and they all behaved differently before switching over to Flirc + Harmony hub (RF) :)

ahkali

Portal Member
    December 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I happened to get the same receiver that cyber recommended. Thanks again everyone; I'm sure my mom will benefit from your help!

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah tried it with HID handler which worked great but can do without as well as the Flirc app allows multiple key commands and modifiers which you can tie to current Mediaportal keyboard setup, have mapped some specific key commands to EventGhost like toggling lights but those are really not needed for every day use.

As the Harmony Companion has plenty of keys including holding keys for different action (double function) it's a nice combination :) , can also use their Android app as an Windows bluetooth keyboard or just the remote functions.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Harmony app as Flirc is basically a IR -> Keyboard emulator dongle which can learn from any IR remote :)

Will write up a review this weekend and share my experiences with it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom