Codecs Lav filters now support DXVA2 (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Could it be that your hardware isn't up to scratch? On my system, using RGB32 in certain configurations gives me dropped frames all over the place, whereas NV12 is fine.

Also, Nev said that using DXVA2 Copy Back with RGB32 output should disable hardware deinterlacing anyway, since most of them require NV12 input to do that. Are you sure it's not just using weave when you untick YADIF?

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Could it be that your hardware isn't up to scratch? On my system, using RGB32 in certain configurations gives me dropped frames all over the place, whereas NV12 is fine.

Also, Nev said that using DXVA2 Copy Back with RGB32 output should disable hardware deinterlacing anyway, since most of them require NV12 input to do that. Are you sure it's not just using weave when you untick YADIF?
Sorry I didn't make myself clear, basically there are two choices for me (and other ATI users):
1. Use CPU, DXVA CB or Native, output NV12 to EVR which then does hardware deinterlacing. Everything works smoothly except low quality luma expansion and chroma upscaling which is what I'm trying to avoid.
2. Use CPU or DXVA CB, output RGB to EVR. Hardware deinterlacing is not possible since the output is RGB, therefore YADIF need to be enabled. To my knowledge this solution should give better PQ but higher CPU usage, however this doesn't work for me as I mentioned earlier on.

Now get back to your question, I tried to monitor CPU usage, it stays at 30-40%, so it should be OK.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
Sorry I didn't make myself clear, basically there are two choices for me (and other ATI users):
1. Use CPU, DXVA CB or Native, output NV12 to EVR which then does hardware deinterlacing. Everything works smoothly except low quality luma expansion and chroma upscaling which is what I'm trying to avoid.
2. Use CPU or DXVA CB, output RGB to EVR. Hardware deinterlacing is not possible since the output is RGB, therefore YADIF need to be enabled. To my knowledge this solution should give better PQ but higher CPU usage, however this doesn't work for me as I mentioned earlier on.

Now get back to your question, I tried to monitor CPU usage, it stays at 30-40%, so it should be OK.
OK, I understand now. How many cores does your CPU have? Also, what do you see if you press Shift + 1 whilst watching video in MediaPortal? Weird graph and/or dropped frames counter increasing?

Perhaps you should ask Nev in the main thread here? Being the developer, he obviously knows much more about how LAV works and can help you better. :p

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi DragonQ,
I'm running quad-core Intel Q9300@2.5GHz. (I've updated my system spec now ;) )
Before reporting this to nev, I need to make sure this is not caused by MP TsReader, and I will do some more tests tonight.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
Hmm well at 30-40% you could be maxing out a single thread (which'd be 25% of your total CPU). It seems like that CPU should be sufficient though. :/

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Decoding and deinterlacing of 1080i in Software, especially with High-Quality Deinterlacing (such as YADIF) does indeed require a lot of CPU Power. It's possible, that you are running into a CPU bottle-neck here. Is there any info on whether the software decoding algorithms of LAV and the deinterlacing of YADIF is multi-threaded at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom