LCD plugin supporting more than 70 display types (now with full graphics support!!!) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanatos

Portal Member
April 12, 2007
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
yes, i tried the "Soundgraph iMON USB" Setting.
afaik, this is only working for the Soundgraph VFD display?

Anyhow, it did not work in my case...

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This is not good news. I ordered this case GD01 yesterday and I was actually assuming it would work since it's IMON compatible. Maybe I was wrong???

I have not yet received the case so I have not tested this myself.

thanatos

Portal Member
April 12, 2007
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
The Case itself is really fantastic (like most Silverstone cases are) but the LCD is really driving me crazy.

Hopefully someone can help me out here...

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
At least that is good news :)

However I think it is weird that it does not work since it's iMON compatible display. I understand that all the fancy functions will not work with a generic driver but at least the text should work. Strange!?

thanatos

Portal Member
April 12, 2007
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
I also dont unterstand it - i tried every combinatin i could think of (3rd party in imon on/off, frontview "always" and "never", Plugin Mode in Frontview, most of the drivers in the External Display Plugin) but still nothing.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I will not receive my case until earliest on tuesday next week. I will do some testings as soon as I have time.

Is the display removeable? Because I will not build my HTPC just yet but I was thinking about hook up the display to the USB on my computer I am using mediaportal now and just make some testing.

thanatos

Portal Member
April 12, 2007
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
It is possible, but also a lot of work.

In order to remove the display, you will have to disassemble the whole case (I already did it, cause i wanted to know the kind of the controller chip, used on the display).
After that you have to get out all of the cables.
The next problem will be, that the display is not powered over the usb bus but is using a special ATX Motherboard Cable which is pluged between the Motherboard and the power supply - this allows you to turn on your machine using the remote.
So, you will also have to plug this cable in the pc you are testing the display with.

As you can see, it is possible but very complex.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
What controller chip was it on the display? Have you asked anyone to try and make this plugin compatible with that particular chip?
Damn I wish I was able to program somtimes!

thanatos

Portal Member
April 12, 2007
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
There are two chips on the board.
One is labeled "LCDSV1 060707" and the other one "SVN25" - in Google I found nothing.
There are stickers on the chips which i didnt remove...just in case i should need the guarantee...

Anyhow, I also made pictures of the LCD (front & back) but they are in a very poor quality (shaken). At least you can identify the labels.

If interested, i could post them.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well I have to do some testings when I get the case.

But as I understand it...
iMON is a software running on the computer which controls the lcd and ir signals? Or is it just a normal driver?
Is the LCD plug-in just sending "commands" to this software/driver or how is it supposed to work?

Then if this is the case there is something with the iMON driver/software which is not fully compatible with other iMON software/driver for other display which people seem to get working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom