[Question] LCD Smartie / msvcrt.dll error / Can I download older version? (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have recently done a clean install of Windows 7 and MediaPortal 1.2.3 and updated all my plug ins to the latest versions.

I am having a problem with the new version of MPExtended and LCD Smartie with the MP.dll plug in. LCD Smartie will no longer run with the latest version of MPExtended installed, the error message points to a problem with the msvcrt.dll system file. If I uninstall MPExtended, then LCD Smartie will run, but I lose information about the tv service, as the MP.dll LCD Smartie plug-in relies on MP Extended for that data.

I foolishly failed to keep a copy of the original version of MPExtended, which did work okay with LCD Smartie and the MP.dll plug-in.

Is it possible that I could download older versions of MP Extended to try to fix this problem? I cannot see any obvious places where these files are still hosted.

Many thanks

lisa

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can download old versions here: https://github.com//MPExtended/downloads

I don't think that'll help you though. I think LCD Smartie is incompatible with the msvcrt we install. You can try to remove the Visual C++ Redistributable 2008 and install the 2010 version.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it, but it didn't help unfortunately.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think you'll have more luck asking in the LCD Smartie forums, as that is the program that gives an error. Which msvcrt does it require and with which is it incompatible? We bundle the 2010 runtime, so if that doesn't work with LCD Smartie that is a bit of a problem. I think MPExtended should work fine with older versions too though.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks, oddly LCDSmartie does run with MPExtended as is, it is only when using the MP.dll plug in that it crashes at startup. I am in touch with the MP.dll developer to see if there is a fix or workaround. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom