LCD support (1 Viewer)

Schmidti

Portal Pro
September 21, 2004
Germany
I realy like to have a LCD support by a PVR-Software.

I started the Topic on the LCDHype board to let this Software work together with GoTTV (now: Get All Media 2.0.0.15). Schrauber still works on this and try his best. The problem is to get close information about the sorce code to make easy programmation. Everything goes with try and errror. :?

Me I was visiting tis side 4 or 5 month ago and now I'm wondering about the development. It is a strong growing Software with a lot of updates. More and fater than GAM. So move forward to implement LCD support and you are my favorite side. :D

frodo:
please use the knolage of HDWagner and Schrauber to let them work for you. (I think these are the people that can help you or eaven make it for you)

Schmidti

Portal Pro
September 21, 2004
Germany
post-6-10835374360.gif

post-6-10827650710.gif

A

Anonymous

Schrauber said:
Simply put all the data needed in a shared memory segment. Or send out by window messages. So plugins for each software can easily be written. I could write a plugin for LCDHype.
Shared memory segments aren't perfect since you don't know how many and which variables there will be, and in which order they are stacked in memory. But this will be the way to go.
Windows messages aren't perfect either, since most of the LCD softwares poll the data. Only jaLCDs and Girder want the key/value pairs to be sent.

The plugin will work with a database-DLL that stores all key/value pairs. Each LCD software gets its own dll that polls the data from the database with s.th. like "char * GetValue(char * Key);". There are other exported functions as well, so plugins for additional (polling) softwares will be easy to implement, they may run simultanously and no memory is wasted.

The database DLL and the LCD software plugin DLLs are already finished. What's still to be done is about 60% of the MediaPortal plugin.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    @ schmidti: your screens look really great.
    looking foward to place something like that in my msi.
    searched the net yesterday. but it seems, nobody ever replaced the original lcd of the msi mega.

HdWagner: Great to hear that you are allready on 40%

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

Schrauber said:
    @HdWagner:
    OK, now I understand. In simple words, you use a database instead of the normal IPC though shared mem or windows messages. The principle is nearly the same. Right?
    Yes. Since the database is inside a shared mem, clients even can use the shared mem. Using the provided functions only makes sure, that the database exists and is initialized. (LCD software/clients are started generally before MediaPortal, so the database has to be initializatied by the clients)

A

Anonymous

Any news on this? Very interested in the progess :) since I have built a new case and included a display in it ;)

A

Anonymous

Yes and no... Two of the three basic parts of the plugin already work: The data processing and the data spreading.

What's still missing is data gathering/receiving. This week I'm very busy at work, and since this will be a very time consuming thing to do, I won't start this week.

But next week I'll find out wich data is already sent around and which data the plugins and the core will have to send to the plugin.

A

Anonymous

HdWagner said:
    Yes and no... Two of the three basic parts of the plugin already work: The data processing and the data spreading.

What's still missing is data gathering/receiving. This week I'm very busy at work, and since this will be a very time consuming thing to do, I won't start this week.

But next week I'll find out wich data is already sent around and which data the plugins and the core will have to send to the plugin.

Cool, the most important news for me was that it was still under development ;) When things go silent you kind of get worried that it has been dropped :D

gds

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2004
    Italy
    First of all I'd like to thank u all. It's great seeing so many experts sharing their knowledge (and using their spare time) for a common project.
    Now let's talk about the LCD plugin. I bought a case made by UNEED (http://www.iuneed.com/), which I feel being one of the best choices for someone wanting an HTPC case. The only problem about this is that the VFD display is an USB one and you only get the driver and a girder plugin with it. Does anybody know how to use this display with the plugin HdWagner is developing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom