LCD support (1 Viewer)

Schmidti

Portal Pro
September 21, 2004
Germany
So when I understand right Frodo has to supply you withe interest information from MP. :?
I hope this will be in the near future, when he is not "so" busy.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    HdWagner and all:

So what? As Mediaportal doesn´t offer a constistant way for modules and plugins to handle the information or doesn´t offer information at all, what would be the ideal way to present this menu and media information?
    What would be the best way to implement this for LCD and other plugin usage? For plug-ins I think of touchsceens and mobile phones (remember the fma thread).
    If it is not implemented yet, you have the chance to propose the ideal and easiest way for you to pick up the data.

I am speaking as a non-programmer, so maybe this is all nonsense I am talking :)

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

Have to say I love this app (using it in my lounge at present on a test system) and I'd be happy to work on a LCDC plugin if we can get some sort of data comms going. I have no problem writing the LCDC part as I write the LCDC app :)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

sounds also good.
    Seems both you guys need to have a word with Frodo about this.
    Best thing is to meet with him on IRC #mediaportal Efnet.

He will be back @ november 8th from his vacation.

A

Anonymous

The progress: Now that Frodo's back from vacation, I'll be in vacation :wink:

What I need for the LCD plugin are
    - data:
    The things to send to display.
    - events:
    An event should be raised when a certain type of information should be displayed/updated/removed on/from LCD.

Let me explain it with the way Meedio does it:
    Whenever a plugin wants to share data (let's say music playback has started), it "publishes a datafeed" which is nothing more than sending a message.
    The message has info bits like "music file", "cover art", "bit rate"... depending on the sending plugin. The plugin identifies itself in the info bit "subject".
    Whenever the sent information needs to be updated (e.g. the position in the music file has changed), the message is resent with the new data.
    Whenever the sent information is obsolete (the plugin has exited or the file is played till the end), the "datafeed is removed".

Sending and removing messages can be caught as events, so the LCD plugin knows when to display or remove which kind of information.

My 2 pre-holiday-cents...

Schmidti

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2004
    Germany
    Good to hear that nearly all work is done. And only the necessary data/information is missing!
    So I hope that Frodo can do some work on this! So that we can have it working very soon! :D

To HdWagner:
    Good vacation!!!!!

A

Anonymous

At a basic level (maybe just to get it started) what would be nice is details on the currently playing option and state. e.g. playing/paused/stopped etc. along with the Name/medium type/length/index position. This at least would mean that we could code a background plugin (Unless you just sent these out as system messages to be captured by whatever) to display.

A

Anonymous

dont forget Users with 320x240 Graphic LCD's ;)

I miss this future in MP, hope will come soon.

I wanna need that for information about musictracks, TV, Movie etc, for showing the screen on a LCD is too small I think...

Schmidti

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2004
    Germany
    Hi together,
    somebody from the developers back from vacation? :D
    We are realy looking forward to see this feature !!!!

Idea:
    Does it make sence to collect all different ideas of information that shall be displayed in a separate file. Some kind of follow up list for the LCD-display-plugin to define the interface between the plugin and MP?

To Crash:
    If HdWagner support LCDHype in his plugin then your 320x240 GLCD shall be no problem. LCDHype is realy the LCD software that supports most of the LCD-Displays. (other advantage is low CPU usage)

What is Frodo`s opinion about the LCD-Plugin???
    I know still very busy!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom