LCDSmartie plugin (1 Viewer)

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
At last I'm releasing the first cut of my LCDSmartie plugin. It's not complete by any means and some work is needed on MP to make data available for display (such as the weather). But adding new functionality should be simple.

If you've used LCDSmartie before this should be a breeze to use, but feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions. It uses plugins developed by Samuel337 to expose data from MP (used by the PVRScheduler and Web Interface), so you might already have some of his DLLs installed.

The Zip file can be obtained here

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
Great plugin! I tried it on my matrix orbital and i am really impressed with the features.
And now to the inevitable question, when will there be some documentation on how to use the plugin? I would really like to play with it to see what info you can extract from media portal.

/Peter

A

Anonymous

lugiber said:
And now to the inevitable question, when will there be some documentation on how to use the plugin?

I guess as soon as someone writes a wiki page about it ;-)

Dek

A

Anonymous

Great job. First it didn't work but I used the 5.3alpha version of LCDsmartie. It works great with the 5.3 final.

All the time I used the LCDsmartie and mediaportal using the WinAmp-plugin. In that way I could see information about the artist in the lcd-display. Your plugin is a real outcome.

I hope you wont stop developing the plugin. I will be looking forward to use my MP without turning on the TV and just use my remote to navigate trough the menu.

Thanks!

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
Wow! I'm really impressed by the feedback, and don't worry I'm not going to give up on it.

@badsector
I should have mentioned I used 5.3 final. I think it should work with 5.3 beta or above. The idea of navigating through MP sounds good. What would you find most helpful for this. Is this mainly for music playback ?

lugiber
I'm glad it worked on your matrix orbital. This was one of the reasons for making it an LCDSmartie plugin, so that it could be used on various types of displays. At the moment there is only a couple of functions outputting the data and it's based on what MP is doing at the time. Would you like more functions to output more data, and if so what sort ?

I would love suggestions as to what people would like to see and I'll try my best to deliver. Some are limited by what can be extracted at the moment from MP. For example I would love to be able to display the weather forcast, but that is not available at the moment.

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
AllenConquest said:
I would love suggestions as to what people would like to see and I'll try my best to deliver. Some are limited by what can be extracted at the moment from MP. For example I would love to be able to display the weather forcast, but that is not available at the moment.

These are a couple of features i would like to see:

The ability to request specific data from the plugin. What i mean is that you, for instance, could request the total track length from an mp3 that you are playing as well as the current time. With that information you could tell lcdsmartie to make a bargraph. This also makes it easier to design your own screens. For example a line in lcdsmartie could look like this:

$dll(demo,9,$Bar($dll(LCDMediaPortal.dll,5,#TrackPosition,),$dll(LCDMediaPortal.dll,5,#TrackLength,),20),$Chr(129)$Chr(128))

(Hope you understand what i mean).

It would be great if the plugin could output a number depending on which menu you are navigating. For example if you are on the main menu the plugin would output "1" if you are in the my music menu the plugin would output "2" etc. That way you could make smartie switch screen depending on what you are currently doing. You probably want to use different screens for watching tv than you use when listening to music.

Menu information so that you can operate mediaportal without having to turn you tv on. I know this is a tough one to handle but it would be really cool to be able to do this.

Support for controlling media portal with the lcd. You can attatch keypads to Matrix orbital displays and to be able to control mediaportal with those keypads would be great. (I am currently building a remote control based on a lcd display so this feature would be really useful to me :D . )

Last and most important documentation so that i can learn how to use the plugin. At the present i have no idea on how to use it and exactly how much info i can get out of the plugin.

Thats it for now. Keep up the good work!

/Peter

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
lugiber said:
The ability to request specific data from the plugin. What i mean is that you, for instance, could request the total track length from an mp3 that you are playing as well as the current time. With that information you could tell lcdsmartie to make a bargraph. This also makes it easier to design your own screens. For example a line in lcdsmartie could look like this:

$dll(demo,9,$Bar($dll(LCDMediaPortal.dll,5,#TrackPosition,),$dll(LCDMediaPortal.dll,5,#TrackLength,),20),$Chr(129)$Chr(128))

(Hope you understand what i mean).

I understand. But as I said at the moment I'm limited to what MP makes available. There is another function already available which just happens to be function5. In my config.ini I set up screen14 to show this in action. If you specify one of the properties that are available it will return the data. The current properties are:

m_properties["#itemcount"]
m_properties["#selecteditem"]
m_properties["#selecteditem2"]
m_properties["#selectedthumb"]
m_properties["#title"]
m_properties["#artist"]
m_properties["#album"]
m_properties["#track"]
m_properties["#year"]
m_properties["#comment"]
m_properties["#director"]
m_properties["#genre"]
m_properties["#cast"]
m_properties["#dvdlabel"]
m_properties["#imdbnumber"]
m_properties["#file"]
m_properties["#plot"]
m_properties["#plotoutline"]
m_properties["#rating"]
m_properties["#tagline"]
m_properties["#votes"]
m_properties["#credits"]
m_properties["#thumb"]
m_properties["#currentplaytime"]
m_properties["#shortcurrentplaytime"]
m_properties["#duration"]
m_properties["#shortduration"]
m_properties["#playlogo"]
m_properties["#playspeed"]
m_properties["#percentage"]
m_properties["#currentmodule"]
m_properties["#channel"]
m_properties["#TV.start"]
m_properties["#TV.stop"]
m_properties["#TV.current"]
m_properties["#TV.Record.channel"]
m_properties["#TV.Record.start"]
m_properties["#TV.Record.stop"]
m_properties["#TV.Record.genre"]
m_properties["#TV.Record.title"]
m_properties["#TV.Record.description"]
m_properties["#TV.Record.thumb"]
m_properties["#TV.View.channel"]
m_properties["#TV.View.thumb"]
m_properties["#TV.View.start"]
m_properties["#TV.View.stop"]
m_properties["#TV.View.genre"]
m_properties["#TV.View.title"]
m_properties["#TV.View.description"]
m_properties["#TV.View.Percentage"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.Day"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.thumb"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.Title"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.Time"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.Duration"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.TimeFromNow"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.Description"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.Genre"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.EpisodeName"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.SeriesNumber"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.EpisodeNumber"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.EpisodePart"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.EpisodeDetail"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.Date"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.StarRating"]
m_properties["#TV.Guide.Classification"]
m_properties["#TV.RecordedTV.Title"]
m_properties["#TV.RecordedTV.Time"]
m_properties["#TV.RecordedTV.Description"]
m_properties["#TV.RecordedTV.thumb"]
m_properties["#TV.RecordedTV.Genre"]
m_properties["#TV.Scheduled.Title"]
m_properties["#TV.Scheduled.Time"]
m_properties["#TV.Scheduled.Description"]
m_properties["#TV.Scheduled.thumb"]
m_properties["#TV.Scheduled.Genre"]

You can play around with these.

It would be great if the plugin could output a number depending on which menu you are navigating. For example if you are on the main menu the plugin would output "1" if you are in the my music menu the plugin would output "2" etc. That way you could make smartie switch screen depending on what you are currently doing. You probably want to use different screens for watching tv than you use when listening to music.

Each screen in MP has a unique ID. I'll modify function5 so that you can get this number. Would that help ?

Menu information so that you can operate mediaportal without having to turn you tv on. I know this is a tough one to handle but it would be really cool to be able to do this.

I'll have to think about this one.

Support for controlling media portal with the lcd. You can attatch keypads to Matrix orbital displays and to be able to control mediaportal with those keypads would be great. (I am currently building a remote control based on a lcd display so this feature would be really useful to me :D . )

As is the usual problem, I have nothing to test this with, so it'll be a tricky one. I'll look into how LCDSmartie does this.

Last and most important documentation so that i can learn how to use the plugin. At the present i have no idea on how to use it and exactly how much info i can get out of the plugin.

Working on that one too. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Keep it coming folks. The more the better. :wink:

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I have posted a new version of the plugin that now allows function5 to return the screen ID. Just use it like this:

$dll(LCDMediaPortal.dll,5,#id,)

For example the home page will return "0", MyTV returns "1", the TV Guide return "600". The numbers are all unique within MP. I'll have a dig around I'm sure they are listed somewhere (or can someone else point me in the right direction).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom