Leadtek wintv 1000S (1 Viewer)

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
What are the main differences between the S and the T? I'm abou to get one of them (they're sooo cheap!!).

Do people who own them recommend them or is the old adage true "you get what you pay for"?

As far as I can tell, the 1000S has replaced the 1000T, and uses newer technology. So, you don't have the option of getting a T unless you can find old stock somewhere. I don't think there are any significant differences in functionality. Won't know about performace until I get the 100S installed, and even then it probably won't be obvious.

Mine works well enough, but I do get stutter (picture stops and sound drops out for a second or so) every now and again. This may be due to mains interference, particularly as I'm in a weak signal area. The aerial downlead is poor quality and I plan to upgrade to top quality sometime and hope it fixes the stutter problem.

Hope this helps.

appleyk

Portal Member
November 20, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I think there's a list of the specs of both cards on the leadtek site. From what I remember, there werent any massively significant differences. I use the S, and have no real problems with it. Sometimes MP TV Engine 0.2 seems to have a problem where it says the card is in use, although it isnt, but a restart of MP fixes that. otherwise, it does just what I'd expect it to, for a very good price :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom