lip sync problems (2 Viewers)

spenca

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello,
Do i have to make adjustments with reclock or just use it ?

Regards
Yannis

hi!

just install. there's a green icon in system tray when you play a file and if it works. if not, check the settings under "audio settings" and "advanced settings". if the icon is flashing green-yellow, check the monitor refresh rate!

have fun!

Mario

djurik

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Brno
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi Yannis,
if you are IT fan and if you are interested in knowlegde "how it works", it is good idea to try Graphedit. Graph edit is part of Microsoft DirectX SDK - you can download it from many places. It is intended to graphically display the parts (drivers, filters such coders, encoders, multiplexers, demultiplexers etc.), their properties and connection points ("pins") and the path of the video and audio data. At first, you can make snapshot of the running application configuration (i.e. you can run TV inside MP, then run Graphedit and connect it to the existing graph - yes, this is wellknown MP dialog "Unable to create graph"). After you can save the graph, turn-off the MP and now you can play with schema (graph) in the Graphedit. It is very instructive. Good luck.

bilis4

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece
Ok I will go a try with Graphedit.I will keep you informed of the results.

Thanks
Yannis

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I had the same problem - my impression is that the missing sync is caused by a weak signal to TV card... I've since switched to DVB-T, and no longer have the problem...

TheUnspeakab

April 17, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The problem that I am seeing, at least in my setup, is that MediaPortal is not doing anything with the audio, short of telling the tuner card what channel to send send to the audio card. Since its taking the software a few seconds to buffer the video the sound coming through is before the video. Anyone who can help us, as Reclock is not working, would be very appreciated.

TheUnspeakab

April 17, 2007
Home Country
I believe I have part of your problem figured out, or at least mine. I had the line my audio was not muted, this would cause the audio being sent into my audio codec to be played directly to my speaker, before being synced to my video. Now the second part of the problem is that I have no audio filters that seem to play audio correctly. They either play the audio too slowly and then skip forward to catch up, or play no audio at all. I know its the audio too slow and not the video too fast because the voice of several actors that I know well are definitely going too slow.

Any info on a good audio filter, or a way to speed it up would be appreciated

bilis4

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece
Sorry but i cannot understand.You mean that i must mute something??

Regards

Yannis:sorry:

TheUnspeakab

April 17, 2007
Home Country
If its the same problem as I had, then yes.

You need to go into the "Sounds and Audio Devices" in your control panel and find whichever connection you have plugged your audio from your tuner card into. Make sure that item is muted.

Then you will have to find an audio filter in MediaPortal that gives you good audio, I have yet to find one.

Browser

Portal Member
April 20, 2007
Home Country
Greece Greece
Did this fixed the problem Yanni.

I have the same problem with my same 2000h card.

I do not think that it will do anythng. When i play either digital or analogue from Leadecs software i have no problem at all.

From MP i have small delay in video in digital and huge delay in analogue.

Need some help here too...

Chris

bilis4

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece
Unfortunatetly it didn't do anything.When i watch dvb-t from MP all are correct.The problem is only in analogue.

I will keep trying

Yannis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom