Listing series which have been copied onto a dvd (1 Viewer)

runarius

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I have most of my series on dvd's. Is it possible to list all my series in My TVSeries and somehow list them as on dvd or offline or something and when I press f.eks "Smallville", "Season 1", "Episode 4" it shows a message to insert Disc number 114 or the disc labeled Smallville Season 1 part 1 of 2 or something

Ryoga79

Portal Pro
January 14, 2007
I believe inker was working on this, so i know it's on track for future development. This is definately my most requested feature as well.

As to a release, whenever inker gets some free time :)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Let me put it this way, I was gonna work on it...but life got in the way.

Can't promise when I'll (or Zeflash) get it to...sorry! I'm hoping it'll be sometime before February (please forgive me for not making promises again I can't keep)

Ryoga79

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2007
    No worries, inker, i can definately relate (having a job where you're on call 24/7 is no picnic either).

The plugin already works great, offline lists is just icing on the cake. Take your time. As much as i hate to say it, life comes first :)

potfish

Portal Member
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello. Just wanted to add a "me too" to this thread - I have roughly 20 DVDs containing episodes of various TV series and it'd be great to have them searchable in the same fantastic interface as the ones on my hard drive.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Well, no, no progress, sorry.

Why don't you guys just add your dvd drive to the watched folders and untick the option to clear references when file is not found? I haven't tested this, but it should work.

I know its not perfect (has to be the same driver letter everytime) and you don't get a nice "please insert DVD" popup, but its better than nothing.

Bobb25, would your really insert all those 230 dvds one by one just to have them catalogued? What if you can't get it to recognize a filename on the dvd?

potfish

Portal Member
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why don't you guys just add your dvd drive to the watched folders and untick the option to clear references when file is not found? I haven't tested this, but it should work.

That's a good idea but wouldn't work for me - mine are purchased DVDs not DVD-ROM with avi files.

If I could add series or episodes to the database manually somehow then that would be OK to at least browse what I have (until a nicer solution came along :)). Is there some way I could do that?

Cheers
    Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom