Listing series which have been copied onto a dvd (1 Viewer)

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Frankly, I fail to see the point, but if its in such high demand than itll stay on the todo list. Furthermore, its nice that it'll pop-up insert dvd, but then what? show a list of all files on the dvd and start it that way?

Such a feature won't be in the next version though. I'm already running way late with with the other stuff, mostly views are kinda giving me a headache especially with the setting up option. I thought it was ready but it just doesn't quite work yet. So I first want to get that sorted and release a new build before moving on.

Fair Enough :) And as far as i am concerned... it doesnt have to do anything after the popup... when you put a DVD in with the backed up AVI's on it, Mediaportal will automatically ask and open that drive for browsing... so as long as you know which DVD it is on (I have a printed list in my folders) you are A for Away! So it never has to actually do anything, other than give a notification i reckon...

Hope the Views come right... I can imagine it is a BITCH to code so many variations! We all appreciate your hard work! :D

eventone

Portal Member
February 16, 2007
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
I have tried to tackle this problem in a different way, and it worked quite well for a while.

I usually name my dvd's as "series S1 D1" with S being season and D being dvd/disc, whatever. I parsed each of my dvd's containing avi files through the plugin in manual mode. Then, using the manual edit mode, I changed the "DVD_DiscID" field (or something like that) to contain "S1 D1".

Then I changed the display settings so that this field was shown in the bar along with the title. This way I always knew that episode 1x23 was on disk "S1 D2", for instance. In fact, since it shows up on the list, I could easily put in the matching disc when browsing through it. When I hit play, if the right disc was inside, it would play directly.

This worked perfectly... until the next major online update took place... and all my DVD_DiscID fields were blanked (cause that's they way they're shown online)... after going through my 400 episodes stored on disc... lol

Anyway, my bottom line is: could it be possible to just add a "label" field to each episode entry on the database? This field could then be displayed in the list as any other field. I wouldn't mind filling that field manually. I'd be using it like that now with DiscID if it didn't get blanked with each update... Or could you just disable the update of DiscID field so I could keep my custom data?

In the future, and I don't even know how hard or easy this is, couldn't the database just store the dvd label automatically in that field?

runarius

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
would have been great if there was created a custom view, where the user could specify rules for this view. like, if the episodes is located in e:(dvd-rom) than the episodes would be shown in this view. Also, one could choose how the episodes would be viewed, like if they should just view all episodes, or in series/season view. Also, it would be great to have an option that one could add rules for what kind of series that shouldn't be removed when the file isn't found, so that the ones that are backed up to dvd wouldn't be removed from the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom