Live and Recorded .TS playback errors (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Running it this way, moving pictures wouldn't work...
    This is normal. All plugins are disabled when you run the watchdog with option 1. That's done to ensure the problems you're experiencing are not caused by a plugin.

Got sound but no image.
    Hmmm, interesting.

In general the cause of what you're seeing is not clear, but I'm pretty sure it's completely different to the cause that the earlier posters had (ie. VC++ is irrelevant). When MP tries to start playing the file, it looks like the video and/or audio connections to your display and/or receiver are dropped (...which is why the "stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" option has an effect).

In order to try to figure out what's going on we're going to need a bit of trial and error.

Could you please first check your LAV video codec configuration. Ensure that the "vc1"/"SMPTE VC-1" video format is enabled on the "Formats" tab.

Once you've done that, please retry with the following configuration:
    If that doesn't work, please retry after additionally disabling automatic refresh rate changing.

If that doesn't work, please retry after additionally disabling "hardware acceleration" (DXVA) in the LAV video codec settings.

Please collect log files for each of the above scenarios so that I can check whether there's any difference in each case.

...and finally a question to answer as well: does this happen for all Blu-Ray "rips", or only certain ones? (For example, maybe it only happens for Blu-Rays with VC-1 video.)

steven123

Portal Member
    January 1, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the quick response.

Right. VC1 is enabled and disabling hardware accelerating does nothing.
    I have run various scenarios of your suggestions above. Basically if I disable refresh rate everything works including MPAR. If I just disable stop playback on audio renderer it will play AC3 audio decoded as 2 channel but not pass thru. I have run 2 videos in the first log to show this. The second is DTS pass thru. If I set MPAR in this scenario, it plays on direct sound.

its all blu rays. I of the videos is H265 and that doesn't work. I also can not get blu rays to play thru MP using Passkey.

One other thing to mention, I have recently replaced my cpu and motherboard with gen 6 i3. I did a clean install of win10 after.

Attachments

• DDR enabled direct sound.zip
      1.9 MB
    • DRR disabled.zip
      1.9 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Basically if I disable refresh rate everything works including MPAR.
    Right, okay. So does your display actually support 23.97 fps/Hz?
    If no, that would explain the problems nicely.
    If yes, maybe consider updating to the latest driver version available for your GPU and see if that makes any difference.

If I just disable stop playback on audio renderer it will play AC3 audio decoded as 2 channel but not pass thru. I have run 2 videos in the first log to show this. The second is DTS pass thru. If I set MPAR in this scenario, it plays on direct sound.
    That log file shows that you had configured MP to use default DirectSound, so I'm not sure what you're wanting me to see in there.

its all blu rays. I of the videos is H265 and that doesn't work.
    This makes no sense to me because the Blu-Ray specification doesn't support H265 (HEVC). Do you mean h.264/AVC, or are you using HandBrake to re-encode to h.265/HEVC?

I also can not get blu rays to play thru MP using Passkey.
    We're already quite off-topic given that the thread title is "live and recorded .TS playback errors", and your issues have nothing to do with live or recorded TV. Please raise this in a separate thread if you want assistance with it.

One other thing to mention, I have recently replaced my cpu and motherboard with gen 6 i3.
    In this case the fact that you've updated your CPU also means you've updated your GPU, and that is highly relevant.

Previously you said:
    I have a suspicion that this all started after a windows 10 update.

Are you sure you were able to play the same files with the same GPU and GPU driver previously?
    At this point to me it seems more likely that you may have been able to play the files with your previous system/GPU...

steven123

Portal Member
    January 1, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Okay, I have got the latest drivers and the system supports both 23.976 and 24Hz.

It was working when I first got the new CPU and motherboard because one of the first things that I did was test the 23.976 refresh rate in mediaportal by using shift+1 to see how close to was to 23.976Hz (My previous CPU use to give me 23.972)

The H265 file is a blu ray that I copied in handbrake. I was just highlighting that it is all file types that are causing this issue, not just VC1.

Anyway, it looks like to is probably some driver issue with intel or Windows 10. I'll just wait a couple of months to see if it gets fixed with further updates.

Thanks for your help on this.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, I have got the latest drivers and the system supports both 23.976 and 24Hz.
    Okay.

It was working when I first got the new CPU and motherboard because one of the first things that I did was test the 23.976 refresh rate in mediaportal by using shift+1 to see how close to was to 23.976Hz (My previous CPU use to give me 23.972)
    Okay... and were you using the same version of MP (ie. 1.13) at that point.
    If not, it would be worth applying the patch attached to the first post in this thread to see if it makes a difference:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s-available-bin-to-test-in-first-post.133166/

The H265 file is a blu ray that I copied in handbrake. I was just highlighting that it is all file types that are causing this issue, not just VC1.
    I understand. The point I was trying to understand/make is the fact that the format is h.265 means you are not simply copying - you are in fact re-encoding, and that can be a source of problems in some cases. Having said that, if the exact same files previously worked then we can rule that out. Just trying to logically consider and eliminate all possibilities. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom