[solved] live tv crash after seconds (1 Viewer)

hanfmaster

Portal Pro
January 25, 2006
graz
Home Country
Austria Austria
Good day to you.

I did a clean install of win10 some day ago and directly installed Mediaportal2, after setting up my cinergy s2 dvb-s videocard. I got the tv SlimTv.Service35, set everything up and after some hassle, i got the livetv running for some days.
But now livetv crashes after some seconds and a small error icon appeaser in the upper left corner.
Please see the log below. Thank you.

resa

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
the sunny side.
Home Country
Germany Germany
If i had seen it correctly, you are watching some asiatic programms?

Just an Idea: What happens (maybe you have also resetting whole EPG first) when deactivate EPG grabbing temporarily or deactivate grabbing for that asiatic channels/limit grabbing to i.e. eng + ger .... etc.?

Not sure, but maybe the epg-grabber crashes about the asiatic hyroglyphs?! ;) But really not sure, seeing this for my first time in the logs, maybe some other people who know this better can tell more...;)

regards.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
[offtopic]
@resa i don't see any asiatic chars in his logs. if you see one ot two chars that you cannot interpret - it is just your log viewer that doens't understand UTF-8 :) He is trying to watch austrian programs - and in german it is has diacrytics in it - like "Österreich" for Austria.[/offtopic]

hanfmaster

Portal Pro
January 25, 2006
graz
Home Country
Austria Austria
I pressed "all grouped channel" in the epg setup. But oddly my grouped channels are not checked, nor any other.So I pressed ok, exited the setup over close, started the service and the client, and now tv is running since 20min+. It seams the epg setting is the problem.Now I have to see if the epg fills up or not.

So thank you for the quick replay.

resa

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
the sunny side.
Home Country
Germany Germany
@Vasilich :

Yes you are right, i am currently use edit.exe... but to reassure you, that i am not planning to spam nonsense all over the threads, due to beeing totally noob (i am only somewhat noob :D ), let me clarify, that i would haven't post anything if exotic chars only on an occasional base were noticed ;)

I am struggled about something like this, found at several points in the logs:

Code:
04-12-2015 08:24:59.450   subtitle PID = 38, type = 6, logical type = Unknown, language = 灳a
04-12-2015 08:24:59.465   subtitle PID = 39, type = 6, logical type = Unknown, language = 獥l慲哂ᨕ롣谀꫈ූ(&
჆멨Ⴃ湥g楲哆ᨑ륡蠀鯰ჶ鳰ჶ鴐ჶ骰ჶ髐ჶā
04-12-2015 08:24:59.481   subtitle PID = 40, type = 6, logical type = Unknown, language = 湥g楲哆ᨑ륡蠀鯰ჶ鳰ჶ鴐ჶ骰ჶ髐ჶā
04-12-2015 08:24:59.481   subtitle PID = 41, type = 6, logical type = Unknown, language = 慣t
04-12-2015 08:24:59.497   subtitle PID = 42, type = 6, logical type = Unknown, language = 略s

But anyhow, i was unsure if this is japanese or only destroyed data/codepage-mess by myself at all, as you can read from the phrasing i used ;)

I only wanted to notice that ... and... ease pain of feeling helpless at early morning, until YOU (and all the others of course ;) ) will return to forum, to fix it ;)

Now i wait for solution at this interessting one ;)

best regards and thank you.

Edit @hanfmaster

Oh OK cool... nice to know, that i was able to point in the right direction... i noticed something called like mhw/EPG(mhw) crashed repeatedly after starting timeshift... what i suspected to be parts of the epg-grabber... with the strange chars quoted above in combination i remembered that ... some time ago my MePo1 starts crashing for some days seemingly without any reason, since it occured in wider intervals only, i haven't looked into the logs for a while, but then found the issue unintenionally... i noticed, that me was careless dumb to activate grabbing for all channels and especially ALL languages... resulting in crashes every time the grabber made it all the way down on 1600 sat-channels where some asiatic and much more exotic channels was waiting with it's epg... and piff...

Since that time i am always taking the time and activate grabbing only on channels where necessary (saves time on grabbing the wohle list) and especially only for ger + eng language... :D

Good luck for fixing this ;)

best regards.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But now livetv crashes after some seconds and a small error icon appeaser in the upper left corner.
    The client logs don't contain any managed error, so I guess a native component crashed (for .ts and live TV this is the TsReader.ax).

TsReader does also create logs, but only if the folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" exists. Please create this folder and run MP2 again and see if it still crashes.
    Post new logfiles if it happens, maybe we get an idea about the cause then.

hanfmaster

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2006
    graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    In MP1 I always click the "All Grouped", but in the MP2setup it sadly dose not work.
    Since it works now, how can I make a import/export backup?

@resa
    Thank you again.
    @morpheus_xx
    I created the folder, but since MP2 didn't crash since then, it's empty. But it's there for next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom