Live tv fails on client but not on server (1 Viewer)

sim1964

Portal Pro
June 23, 2006
UK
When trying to watch live TV on either of my 2 clients I always get the connection to tvservice lost message and nothing more. All my machines have static ip's and I have tried full uninstalls and reinstalls on all machines including un installing MYSQL and deleting all folders. The server machine's own client works perfectly.
Can someone please look through my logs I am at my wit's end.

nb all was working fine last week (on 1.3.0 but failed on same message)

Sim

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Sim

Unfortunately your log files don't give enough information to be able to help you. If these are log files from the client then we really need log files from the server as well.

My gut suspicion is that the gentle.config file on your server contains "localhost" so that when it is copied to the clients, the clients think the TV Server is running on the same PC. In other words, the clients are looking for the TV Server on the wrong PC.

To find the gentle.config file on the server:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Go up one directory level, and you should see it in there.

Gentle.config can be edited in any text editor (notepad etc.). Look for the "<DefaultProvider..." bit and replace localhost with the IP address of the server". Then copy that file to each client.

mm

sim1964

Portal Pro
    June 23, 2006
    UK
    "cured" the problem by reverting to my old router.
    ps gentle config correctly identified the host names on all machines and even changed all for ip address to no avail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom