[fixed] live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps (1 Viewer)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps

really thanks for the quick fix =)

The situation already improved a lot, but I guess there is still room for improvement, because MP needs around 1 - 2 minutes to continue and that is quite a long time for live Tv :p

at the beginning of the log is some random testing...

1. real test (11:35, CAM)
    ejected card, Tv freezes at 11:35:22 -> continued at 11:35:33 (perfect time)

2. 11:36, CAM
    ejected card, Tv freezes at 11:36:04 -> continued at 11:36:40 (not so perfect time)

3. 11:41, MDAPI
    ejected card, freezes at 11:41:10 -> nothing happened until 11:43:00 -> 15 seks back -> worked again

4. 11:43, MDAPI
    ejected card, Tv freezes at 11:43:54 -> continued at 11:45:15 (not so perfect time)

the time values are "round about" times, I looked on the clock of my desktop PC, but both PCs (HTPC and Desktop PC) are syncing the time with the Internet, so the time should be all in all the same (the minutes are the same, the seconds maybe not ;) )

For the first fix, really good work, maybe you have another idea that MP finds the "entrypoint" quicker^^

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps

For the first fix, really good work, maybe you have another idea that MP finds the "entrypoint" quicker^^

I'll take another look at TsReader code, but I'd like a set of server + client logs for the situation where it's taking a long time to continue - it's possible TsWriter etc is also having problems.

Tony

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I'm glad to hear that :p

First of all I will describe my test procedure (I did everything with my CI + Cam):

1. start live Tv (tune to a channel etc..)
    2. ejected card, waited for freeze, reinserted card, waited for the stream to continue (did this multiple times)
    3. copied the current ts buffer to my local PC and watched the stream with MediaPlayer Classic (Media PC was still timeshifting)
    4. played the timeshiftbuffer from beginning and watched the behavior of the freezes again, paused live Tv

Results (Note: my radio clock is ~ 1:08 ahead compared to the MediaPCs Clock, so I will write the time as follows: correctedTime [Radio Clock Time] ):

--for Point 2:
    1. 09:01:00 [09:02:08], CAM
    ejected card, Tv freezes at 09:01:00 [09:02:08], reinserted Card right after freeze -> continued at 09:01:14 [09:02:22]

2. 09:01:42 [09:02:50], CAM
    ejected card, Tv freezes at 09:01:42 [09:02:50], reinserted Card right after freeze -> continued at 09:02:20 [09:03:28]

3. 09:01:00 [09:04:10], CAM
    ejected card, Tv freezes at 09:03:02 [09:04:10], reinserted Card right after freeze -> nothing happened until 09:06:02 [09:07:10] -> 15 seks back (playback continued) -> 15 seks forward

---> was on my Desktop PC for ~12 - 16 minutes, Media PC was still timeshifting, during this time I copied the current tsbuffer file to my desktop PC and watched it with MediaPlayer Classic. With MP Classic the playback worked like a charm, I just had a small glitch, sometimes it was really hard to notice the corruption in the stream, MP Classic is open source, maybe you can get some inspiration from there :p

---> back in front of my Media PC, started Playback of the ts buffer from beginning (exactly: started from beginning and 2 seks later started again from beginning, because I wasn't sure if I was really at the beginning) 09:19:xx:
    I could notice all three tests mentioned above, the last one was the longest, but this time continued suddenly after 3 minutes, after that I paused live Tv. (Edit: after the 3 minutes MP continued on the same position as MP Classic, in the timeline of MP Classic I could see that there was a jump from around a second ;) and this was the only real to notice glitch in MP Classic...)
    The other two tests had also a freeze time of couple seconds, MP Classic had only a small hard to notice glitch

Note:
    I'm already using an improved TsWriter Version from here (maybe you should add a version number to TsWriter like in TsReader^^):
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...325/fix-tv-service-crashing-bad-signal-97949/

TsReader-2011-08-09.log only includes the logs of the first tests (in my post to this position: "---> was on my Desktop PC for..."
    TsReader-2011-08-09_2.log includes everything ;)

I know that there is a watchdog for collecting logs, but MP was writing my PWs into the logs, so I had to censor my logs and felt on the safer side to collect my logs by hand and double check everything >_>

So, I hope I explained everything I did well and hope that will help :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I know that there is a watchdog for collecting logs, but MP was writing my PWs into the logs, so I had to censor my logs and felt on the safer side to collect my logs by hand and double check everything >_>

That shouldn't ever happen. Please report a bug about that issue (it is quite serious security issue if the password gets written in some cases to the logs).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Thanks for the logs and info.

So I'm sure what's happening, when you replay the ts buffer in MP, it behaves the same way as the live TV situation (big interruptions), but played in MPC-HC it's OK (just minor glitches) ?

If that *is* the situation, then it does point to TsReader being the problem.....

Tony

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

thats right, you got it :)

And to be sure I did another test:
    I told you in my previous post that I copied the buffer to my local PC and played it back with MPC-HC, now I took this file from my Desktop PC and copied it again to the Media PC (in a different folder) and started playback from inside my Videos, it behaves the same way as the live TV situation.

I would provide you the file if you like, but it is 585 MB oO Do you have a place where I can upload it? I read somewhere that MP has a ftp server for such files...

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I did some further investigation:
    I told you that the smooth playback worked on my DesktopPC + MPC-HC, so I thought lets test it with MPC-HC on my Media PC, the result was the same issues like in MP! So question was now, why it's working perfect on my deskto Pc, but not on my Media PC?

Answere: If i tick "MPEG PS/TS/PVA" in MPC-HC on my Media PC the playback is smooth like on my PC, but if it is *not* ticked than I have the same issue in MPC HC like in MP...

Screenshot attached ;)

Edit:
    here is a link to the SVN from the MPC-HC filters, maybe it will help...
    http://mpc-hc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mpc-hc/trunk/src/filters/

Attachments

• MPC-HC.png
      MPC-HC.png
      353.4 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Answere: If i tick "MPEG PS/TS/PVA" in MPC-HC on my Media PC the playback is smooth like on my PC, but if it is *not* ticked than I have the same issue in MPC HC like in MP...

Screenshot attached ;)

Edit:
    here is a link to the SVN from the MPC-HC filters, maybe it will help...
    SourceForge.net Repository - [mpc-hc] Index of /trunk/src/filters

It will (probably) fall back using TsReader.ax when you disable the internal MPC-HC splitter, so it points to TsReader.ax being the problem again.

The FTP details are at the bottom of the page here - TS Dumps - MediaPortal Wiki - it needs to be 50MB max, so you'll have to try to chop a section out of the bigger file with something (do not use a video editor, because that will probably 'fix' the problem - a file splitter utility might be able to do it e.g. FFSJ or similar).

Tony

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

it needs to be 50MB max, so you'll have to try to chop a section out of the bigger file with something (do not use a video editor, because that will probably 'fix' the problem - a file splitter utility might be able to do it e.g. FFSJ or similar).

Also make sure that the error can be reproduced with the splitted .ts file. It is possible that the error is happening after th first 50MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom