Live TV freezes with AVM USB wifi adapter (1 Viewer)

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi,

just a quick piece of information: In my server/client setup, I had one client with very annoying Live TV behavior. TV would start alright, but after some random time, it would freeze. I could restart TV most of the time by stopping and restarting it, but of course, there were some seconds lost of the running show.

Today, I replaced the USB wifi adapter (AVM FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 860) with an PCIe solution (Intel® Dualband-Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop PCs), and bang, no more freezes. Drivers for the USB adapter were up to date and reception was fine, so it seems that there is an issue with this adapter.

Perhaps this helps other people.

Astronaut

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi again, I tested on an Intel client (Atom 3700 series), but only with the MIA build (didn't have time to test with the Aug version) and it also experiences the same issue with subtitles where the video would freeze (same errors in the log as above). As expected, I applied your updated DLL and I can turn off the subs (obviously...
    Hi again, I tested on an Intel client (Atom 3700 series), but only with the MIA build (didn't have time to test with the Aug...
    Hi all, I have been running MP2 latest weekly build (20/08/2016) for some time and had been experiencing intermittent issues where...
    Replies
    Views
    Hallo ihr Lieben, ich hatte seid langem ein Problem mit Live-TV bei meinen Clients. Live-TV auf dem Server lief immer problemlos und auf einem meiner Rechner gab es auch keine Probleme. Im Schlafzimmer steht aber nun auch ein Client und dieser hat sich schwer getan mit dem Empfang vom Live-TV. Angebunden ist der Client mit ac-Wlan...
    Hallo ihr Lieben, ich hatte seid langem ein Problem mit Live-TV bei meinen Clients. Live-TV auf dem Server lief immer problemlos...
    Hallo ihr Lieben, ich hatte seid langem ein Problem mit Live-TV bei meinen Clients. Live-TV auf dem Server lief immer problemlos...
    Replies
    Views
    Fantastic! :)
    Fantastic! :)
    Hi, I'm having problems with stuttering/continuity errors during live TV - hoping someone can help. After doing some research...
    Replies
    Views
    AW: Freeze when trying to enter Live TV at random times Bad news - after inserting a call to LogDebug befor acquiring m_Lock in CMpTs::AddChannel the problem seems to be gone. LogDebug("AddChannel (%ld), last lock: %s (%ld)", GetCurrentThreadId(), m_LastLock, m_LastLockThread); CAutoLock lock(&m_Lock); Not really surprising as...
    AW: Freeze when trying to enter Live TV at random times Bad news - after inserting a call to LogDebug befor acquiring m_Lock in...
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1 MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Windows 7 x64 CPU Type: Phenom II X2 955 BE HDD...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi again Rob I'm sorry, the logs don't go far enough back. If you can reproduce new logs that would be excellent. mm
    Hi again Rob I'm sorry, the logs don't go far enough back. If you can reproduce new logs that would be excellent. mm
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1 MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: XP Home SP3 CPU Type: Pentium 4 3GHz HDD: Seagate Pipeline...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom