Live-TV freezes (1 Viewer)

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!

Live-TV sometimes freezes in the middle of playback. Looking at the logs I am pretty sure that the RTSP streaming itself is still going on, however there is no new audio/video.
    All logs look quite clean besides "streaming server.Log" which seems to log the cause at 27-09-2013 00:32:33.218:
    Code:
    27-09-2013 00:32:33.218 TSBuffer::Require() - Failed to read buffer file
    27-09-2013 00:32:34.232 TSBuffer::Require() - Failed to read buffer file
    27-09-2013 00:32:34.232 ts:eof reached

I have no clue why this would happen.
    This is a multiseat setup, TV-Server is a dedicated machine running Win7pro 64. OS and Timeshift share a quite fast SSD.

Actually I think that this has happened with v1.4 as well but it could have started with the upgrade to 1.5pre.

Is there anything I can do about this problem? It does not happen all the time but if it happened it is very likely to happen again on th same program.

I've deleted my logs after the first freeze and MP created fresh ones including the second freeze.
    Thanks for any help!

Cheers

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to downgrade to 1.4 so I can check whether or not the problem is related to 1.5 Pre-Release?

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I uninstalled 1.5pre but kept my database. I then installed 1.4 and the problem persisted. So it has not been introduced by 1.5pre.

Some two weeks ago I exchanged my old Alphacrypt CAM with a new one because the old one somestimes didn't see the inserted smartcard.
    Ich checked my logs and it looks like the problem with freezing live-TV first occured when I exchanged my CAM module.
    It's hard to see, how that could be the root cause because the freezing happens on FTA channels as well.

Moving the timeshift-folder to another, dedicated hdd does not make a difference.

Please, if you have any idease, do let me know!

Cheers, DiePlage

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's hard to see, how that could be the root cause because the freezing happens on FTA channels as well.
    I don't agree. Usually the full transponder stream passes through the CAM so the CAM could have an impact on FTA channels too.

Does the stream completely stop, or does it just pause for a moment and then resume?

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mm1352000!
    Thanks for your clarification. This would indeed make sense. I check my windows event log and found a warning, that I didn't notice before:
    Code:
    Source: DDCapture
    EventID: 12
    Device (200:20000) Stream 3 dropped data

DDCapture is a component of the device driver of my DigitalDevices DVB-S2 card.

This event seem to happen close to the timestamps where TV-Server logs EOF of the buffer-file.
    Maybe there is a problem with the new CAM. I am going to test with the old one.

BTW: Are there recommendations somewhere which firmware version should be used with an alphacrypt light CAM and a Sky S02 smartcard?

Thanks a lot!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I check my windows event log and found a warning, that I didn't notice before...
    Good spotting. :)
    I think you've identified that either the CAM or tuner are the underlying source.

BTW: Are there recommendations somewhere which firmware version should be used with an alphacrypt light CAM and a Sky S02 smartcard?
    I have no experience with Alphacrypt, so I hope somebody else can advise you on this question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom