Live TV pauses on SD & HD channels (1 Viewer)

k_p_abbott

Portal Member
January 20, 2009
Attached is the PC spec and logs.

I'm currently running the latest version of Media Portal on Windows 7 32 bit with an Nvidia GFX GT 430.

The problem i've got is that the TV pauses for a couple of seconds, the sound then returns, and then the picture returns a couple of seconds later.

This always happens when the PC light goes into overdrive and can happen after 10 minutes or much longer periods.

I've pretty much tried everything i can think of - codecs, turning off settings in Windows, changing the graphic card settings., etc.

When looking at the graph (Shift+1) all the lines are lovely and straight until the pc goes into overdrive.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated as the wife is whinging quite a lot now!

Attachments

• System.jpg
    System.jpg
    392.1 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is this a singleseat or multiseat installation. As far as I can see in logs seems this something on the TV Server side. As you don't have your sys specs filled out properly one can only guess...
    Mostly such problems are from a weak signal, but this should not lead the PC lights to act as a maniac...

Maybe the Timeshift- Drive isn't fast enough to read and write at exactly the same time. But this is only guessing as long as we don't know what's your setup is all about...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When you say "the PC goes into overdrive", I'm guessing that an HDD is spinning up or down. My experience is that HDDs spinning up/down blocks other HDD I/O from occurring. Of course it is not ideal to have the HDDs active all the time, so we want them to be able to go to sleep. However we don't want them to interrupt the video/audio stream...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom