[solved] Live TV - Remote commands are not recognized until I left/right click (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is what opens up everytime I start Live TV and apparently closes when I stop Live TV. I thought it's a part of MP2.
    Never seen this here. If I launch TV, it is running in the same Window, not a separate one. That is a weird behavior on your side that I can't explain.

Anybody else having an idea?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I thought it's a part of MP2.
    Definitely nothing to do with MP2, a quick google seems to indicate that it is related to a codec that was probably installed as part of a codec pack (something like K-Lite codec pack).
    First thing to check would be what codecs MP2 is set to use. In MP2 Client, navigate to Settings->Players->Codecs, under each of Splitter, Video Codecs and Audio Codecs see what codec is selected for each format. LAV filters should have been installed during the MP2 installation and I'd recommend selecting it for all of the formats, i.e. Lav Splitter for Splitter, LAV Video Codec for all video formats and LAV Audio Codec for all audio formats.

Codec packs in general tend to cause issues like this as they contain a lot of bloat and mess with the DirectShow merit system which causes issues in players. You shouldn't need to install a codec pack if you have LAV Filters installed (which you do if you installed MP2 ;)) as it can handle nearly all formats.

PrinzValium

Portal Member
    December 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't install any additional codec packs since I knew MP2 came with LAV codecs. I did a quick check for the splitter, video and audio codecs and it seems like everything is set to LAV.
    This was installed on a fresh windows installation by the way.
    What's the next step I could try? Reinstall the LAV codecs?

PrinzValium

Portal Member
    December 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's definitely possible. I can't tell though because I installed all the windows update before installing MP2.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    What's the next step I could try?
    Do you only see the ActiveMovie window when playing TV or does it show when playing other video files? What version of Windows 10 are you using? Are you using an 'N' version that doesn't come pre-installed with Windows Media Player?
    Reinstall the LAV codecs?
    Wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Another thing to take a look at is what codecs end up actually being used during playback. Have you used GraphStudio[Next] before?
    1. Download the 32 bit version from here
    2. Start playback in MP2
    3. Open GraphStudioNext and select File->Connect to remote graph
    4. Select the MP2 client graph and press connect
    5. Post a screenshot of the graph here, which should look something like the below
    graph.png

PrinzValium

Portal Member
    December 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for the late reply, I was busy with work and university stuff last week, so I didn't have much time to test this.

Do you only see the ActiveMovie window when playing TV or does it show when playing other video files?
    It only appears when playing TV!

What version of Windows 10 are you using? Are you using an 'N' version that doesn't come pre-installed with Windows Media Player?
    I'm using a Windows 10 Professional version. I know about the "N" versions.

Another thing to take a look at is what codecs end up actually being used during playback. Have you used GraphStudio[Next] before?
    I used GraphEdit long time ago but I can't remember really. So I can't really tell much about what GraphStudio shows me.

Attachments

• 13-11-_2017_17-44-03.png
      13-11-_2017_17-44-03.png
      34.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom