[solved] Live TV - Remote commands are not recognized until I left/right click (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So I can't really tell much about what GraphStudio shows me.
    Looks like the 'CCCP.ax' codec is the issue by causing 2 video renderers to be added to the graph, which is why you see 2 video windows.
    @morpheus_xx (or maybe @Owlsroost ) is this the Core CC Parser? Any ideas why it's leading to 2 video renderers?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is this the Core CC Parser? Any ideas why it's leading to 2 video renderers?
    I think it is the Core CC Parser, but I have no idea why it creates an own renderer (probably incompatible media (sub) types).

For a quick test I recommend to disable the "Subtitle (Closed Captions)" in Settings/Players/VideoPlayer settings. This should avoid loading of the filter.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    This is what a filter graph with Core CC Parser should look like:

news1080i_evr.png

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Note that Closed Captions (CC) are a North American system - they are not used in Europe, which uses DVB or Teletext subtitles instead (I notice that the OP is from Germany).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it is the Core CC Parser, but I have no idea why it creates an own renderer (probably incompatible media (sub) types).
    The OP reports this to happen only with Live TV. We should check the behavior on our systems to verify if we are talking about a general issue or something restricted to the OP's specific situation.

PrinzValium

Portal Member
    December 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Indeed I had close captions enabled. After disabling them the problem seems to be solved for me.
    I must have activated them directly after installing MP2, I think I mixed them up with forced subtitles, can't remember really. Also I did not know CC are a North American system and won't work for me here in Germany.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I see 2 questions remaining:
    • Is there a bug in CCCP filter that leads to this strange graph building? I have seen we have the code copied over into our repo with modifactions. Are there newer changes in original source? I could not find source codes anymore.
    • Is it reasonable to enable CC only for specific regions by default?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    • Is there a bug in CCCP filter that leads to this strange graph building? I have seen we have the code copied over into our repo with modifactions. Are there newer changes in original source? I could not find source codes anymore.

This the MP1 version of CCCP.ax - MediaPortal-1/DirectShowFilters/Core-CC-Parser at master · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 · GitHub
    (The original code only handled MPEG2 video, the MP version also handles H.264 video).

I suspect the weird graph posted earlier is due to 2 instances of CCCP.ax having been put into the graph, and then the automatic graph building has tried to connect everything...this feels like a problem with MP2's graph building for TV. Note that CCCP.ax is a pass-through filter for the video data, so the 'Pass Through' output pin looks the same as the Video pin on TsReader (if the input pin on CCCP.ax is connected to TsReader).

• Is it reasonable to enable CC only for specific regions by default?

You would have to work out which regions might use CC to do that...

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I suspect the weird graph posted earlier is due to 2 instances of CCCP.ax having been put into the graph, and then the automatic graph building has tried to connect everything...this feels like a problem with MP2's graph building for TV. Note that CCCP.ax is a pass-through filter for the video data, so the 'Pass Through' output pin looks the same as the Video pin on TsReader (if the input pin on CCCP.ax is connected to TsReader).
    GraphBuilding in MP2 is using the automatic way: no manual PIN connections between filters, just adding default filters and let the graphbuilder render the source output PIN. The code puts one instance of CCCP.ax in graph, the other one seems to be automatically inserted.The question is why? And why it happens only here in this example and not for others?

Code is here: MediaPortal-2/VideoPlayer.cs at 86492e16ab8cfcb8c44b05dae94e8bc2518f8e4e · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 · GitHub

Btw, just seen a small bug :D: _graphBuilder.AddFilter(baseFilter, CCFILTER_FILENAME); --> _graphBuilder.AddFilter(baseFilter,CCFILTER_NAME);
    But this should not affect graph building, only the filter display name can be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom