powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello people,

for a very long time I have a problem with wathcing live television.. The problem is that live tv stopped working sometimes and it's hard to find out what the problem is.

It happend sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes only after a few hours, It's hard to say what's going on.. The image freezes, sound stops, but Mediaportal didn't freeze. I have to push the stopbutton, and than activate live television again, and everything is working fine again.. It also helps to just open the mini EPG and enter another channel..

It happend to different channels..

I'm using 4TR, so maybe it is a problem on that side, but I have asked it there allready a long time a go, and they didn't bring any solution.. Maybe you guys can find something in the logs! The strange thing is that Mediaportal didn't freeze, and the connection with Argus from 4TR seems to be fine because when I go to another channel everything is fine again..

I have made a zip file with the logs that are created after the problem appear.. (time: 17:49) I don't know if these logs are enough so if they don't let me know..

I saw something about the tsreader or something like that in MediaPortal.long, but I don't know what happend.

Can someone tell me what the latest tsreader.ax is? Maybe I can try another one..

Would be REALLY nice to solve this problem finally after such a long time.. I can remember also a period that I didn't had this problem for some months, but don't know what is different now.. :(

Solution or not; thanks anyway!! :)

Last edited:

Mike Doughney

July 13, 2012
    College Park, Maryland
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After months of reliable live TV, my client-server setup (version 1.2.3.0) started stuttering every 15-30 seconds, and occasionally stopping for no obvious reason as you describe. I also saw some of the "Vid/Ref... Compensated" and other audio/video synch errors in the client-side logs. The solution was to disable Windows Defender on the server side; an update to the Defender definitions during the month of September causes the problem. (Using System Restore to reset to beginning of September fixes MP; starting Windows Defender to disable it re-installs the updates and breaks MP again; disabling the program permanently fixes MP again. Turning off Defender real-time protection does NOT fix the problem.) Since I don't need Windows Defender's functionality (and have otherwise avoided using any unnecessary programs on the server side), I disabled it completely.

It's not clear from your log if this directly applies to your setup, but you might give this a shot, and of course, others with new stuttering problems should try this.

Instructions on how to disable WIndows Defender are here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-Defender-on-or-off

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The network connection is dropping out (maybe just for a short time) - see MediaPortal.log:

Code:
    2012-09-20 17:48:52.782984 [Debug][(36)]: fileSystemWatcher_Error path \\htpc\tvopnames\1 voor de verkiezingen (vara) exception=System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: De opgegeven netwerknaam is niet langer beschikbaar

...which is around the time the TV stops I suspect....

Tony

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem. If you check the tsreader development tread you will find some other people with the same problem.
    I guess you are using UNC for Timeshift ? In the Logs it looks like, that the client looses the network connection. But this isn´t true.
    Tony has also mentioned, that the behavior is curios. But nobody has nailed down the problem.

I have found an tread in an XBMC forum, where somebody spotted similar problems while watching movies from a share.
    Please check here : http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1736786

I have now also disabled the service in my Client setup. The last two days i could not see any freeze as mentioned by powermarcel10.
    So it might be that this will help ...hopefully ;)

Regards,
    Daniel

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So some more testing this weekend. I had the problem most @HD Channels. So since i have disabled this service ... no sporadic timeouts anymore :)
    Is it possible to add this "solution" to the wiki for Multiseatusers ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom