Live-TV Streaming on other Webkit Browser? (1 Viewer)

heinzel55

Portal Member
March 26, 2008
Hello,

iPIMP is an excellent tool that nearly fulfill my demands!!
I have just one problem, since I do not own an IPhone I just want to watch the live-T stream on other webkit Browsers like Chrome. Since 5.0.1 there is another path that enable this (when I understand logfile right)
but how can I get start it on e.g chrome? when i log into iPIMP and go to start live-tv-stream as usual the stream doesn´t start - there is an error message or the blank code but no player is started.

Do I need a special path to call from my browser??

I have another question, when I start a stream it needs 20sec (for buffering?). Is there any possiblity to reduce this time, eg 10 or 15 sec???

I hope someone can help me....

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
When the stream countdown has finished you are presented with 3 icons (Play, Stop & Browser). The Play button will launch the HTTP live stream for the iPhone, the Browser button will launch a Silverlight stream, so ensure you have Silverlight installed and use that button.

The 30sec countdown is there as there is a lot going on under the covers, the tuner has to tune in, the ffmpeg process has to attach to it and output to the Apache smooth streaming module which has to buffer a certain amount of content before the stream is ready. 30secs usually covers that :)

The next version will have an updated smooth streaming module which may help - but there will always be some delay from clicking 'Stream' and the stream being ready to play on a mobile device.

The next version may also contain a Flash button, to allow you to play the live stream with that technology.

heinzel55

Portal Member
March 26, 2008
Thanks for the answer!

You are doing a great job withiPIMP! Thanks again for that.
and thanks for the help - I never "recognized" the third button with the chrome logo :)

A version for flash would be great!!
Please keep going on!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom