Live Tv stutter (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
I've just upgraded to Windows 10 due to an unrelated problem and started to suffer from stuttering and pixelation in live tv, This used to be a real pain in the early days but its something I haven't had for a few years now. Would be grateful if someone could take a quick look at the attached logs.

Thanks....

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'd make sure all the timeshift buffer and recording folders are excluded from anti-virus (Windows Defender) scanning, and all the Team MediaPortal folders in Program Files (x86) and ProgramData are also excluded.

As far as I can see in the log files, live TV playback is having problems reading data from disk fast enough sometimes.

I'd also check that you are using DXVA in LAV Video Decoder.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Thanks for taking the time to reply,

I disabled Windows Defender yesterday and live tv has been flawless since, I thought I'd run MP for 24hrs before posting the fix.

Regards....

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Interesting, I also upgraded to win 10 recently and have the same problem on 1 of my clients, the other 3 are fine! I've upgraded to 1.13, reinstalled, excluded MP folder from Defender, turned off defender, etc but still have the stuttering (1-2 second frame freezing). My setup was pretty robust before as well, any ideas? Logs attached....

Cheers

Guy

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Have gone back to Win 8.1, reinstalled MePe and it is still stuttering! Win 10 appears to have wrecked everything!

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Blocked updates to my tuner drivers after it poisoned them, A week later an 'update' killed my network adapter.....Can't block driver updates if you don't know which one it's going to trash next, Back to 7 for me and I don't plan on trying Windows 10 again for a long time if ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom