Live TV subtitles? (2 Viewers)

Tiggeroz

Portal Member
July 19, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, I've just about got MP configured... including using subtitles on downloaded movies.... but I can't find anywhere to turn them on/off for live TV. I've looked through the Wiki and it suggests that there's a tab in the configuration tool under General - but that tab doesn't seem to exist (newer version perhaps??).

I'm in Australia; the same hardware did live TV subtitles when running on Windows7 Media Centre so they're in the feed somewhere... I just can't find any way to switch them on (or off). Pressing the Info. button on my MCE remote brings up an onscreen menu but subtitles isn't an option like it is when watching a movie (avi / MP4 / etc.).

Tiggeroz

Portal Member
July 19, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
MP2 - but yeah, that's the Wiki I was looking at. That Subtitles tab doesn't seem to exist in my Configuration Tool though. Hence my confusion! It's probably just me doing something stupid but I looked through every option in the tool and I couldn't see subtitles mentioned anywhere.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That Subtitles tab doesn't seem to exist in my Configuration Tool though. Hence my confusion!
    Well, it's no wonder you can't find it. If you look on the left hand side of the page you'll see that section is underneath MediaPortal 1... and you're using MediaPortal 2.

My guess is that you're looking in the TV Server Configuration ("MP2 Setup TV") tool. I don't know much about MP2, but I know that's the wrong place to be looking. Subtitling is a front end setting, and that tool is for back end settings. You need to have a look at the MP2 front end settings, which I believe are accessed via the setting option in the menu from with MP2 itself.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal 2 also supports subtitles. If you show the OSD ("info" key / right mouse click) in TV mode there is a "CC" button to select subtitles from.

(looking for a screenshot / wiki reference right now :))

Tiggeroz

Portal Member
    July 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks - that's what I had expected but it doesn't seem to be there.... the option exists when watching a movie but not in live TV on any channel. To repeat my previous... the same machine running Windows 7 MCE had subtitles available on all channels so they're in there somewhere... it appears that MP2 isn't seeing them for some reason.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Tiggeroz

Portal Member
    July 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's the Summer'15 version - hopefully I've managed to collect the logs correctly and attach it. Thanks again :).

Tiggeroz

Portal Member
    July 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi - a little disappointed that there's been no reply for 3 days :-(... for reference, I've had so many other issues in the meantime that I've wiped MP and gone back to Windows MC.... issues included inability to stream online video and live TV recordings stuttering, in addition to the one in this thread (no subtitles on live TV). I hope this product's development continues as it seems brilliant basically - just too hard for an idiot like me to configure. Thanks for your help anyway.

Eaglehawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've installed the latest Update 1 and I can't seem to find any CC option nor a subtitle option in any of the settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom