Live TV subtitles? (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does the graph auto build this way (if the filters are already contained) or did you need to connect the core cc parser before the video decoder connects?

I ask because graph building in MP2 uses the automatic way (with codec preferences)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does the graph auto build this way (if the filters are already contained) or did you need to connect the core cc parser before the video decoder connects?

I ask because graph building in MP2 uses the automatic way (with codec preferences)

I can't remember if it will auto connect (that is an old picture, from when I did the Core CC filter upgrade to handle H.264) - in MP1 the Core CC parser filter is added in TV post-processing, see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...calization/How_to_get_CC_in_ATSC//QAM_streams

I think @Sebastiii knows more about the graph building in MP1 to support CC.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The merit of the filter is "do not use", so no the graph won't auto-build with it:
    Does this affect the connection of pins (existing filters in graph) or only the automatic adding of compatible filters to the graph? (I hope only the latter)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think both.

If you manually put the Core CC filter in the graph and there are no other filters with higher merit and a compatible input pin also present in the graph then rendering the TsReader output pin will automatically connect it. However, usually the video decoder filter will have higher merit and it's input pin will be compatible. Therefore if you had both a video decoder and Core CC filter in the graph at the same time, I expect rendering the TsReader video output pin would result in TsReader connecting to the video decoder rather than the Core CC filter.

...but why don't you just try it with GraphEdit/GraphStudio/GraphStudioNext? ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the info.
    ...but why don't you just try it with GraphEdit/GraphStudio/GraphStudioNext?

Of course I will do this as next, but some theorie is always good before just trying ;) And I am at work and don't have all stuff to test...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

I can't remember if it will auto connect (that is an old picture, from when I did the Core CC filter upgrade to handle H.264) - in MP1 the Core CC parser filter is added in TV post-processing, see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/15_Customization/98_Localization/How_to_get_CC_in_ATSC//QAM_streams

I think @Sebastiii knows more about the graph building in MP1 to support CC.

If i'm not wrong it was needed to connect few pin first or added in some logic before video filter etc. i didn't remember exactly because i'm most seeing what is needed while debugging lol

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just implemented support for the Core CC Parser filter. Adding the filter to graph and configuring EVR to get 2 inputs is enough to make it working :)

I will add a setting and publish a testbuild later today

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here it is.

• First extract the attached VideoPlayer plugin into folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins
    • Start MP2, enter settings -> players -> DVD Player -> Closed Captions. Set it to enabled.
    • Playback a file that contains CC

upload_2016-5-27_16-54-46.png

upload_2016-5-27_16-56-56.png

Please test it and give feedback! :)

Attachments

• 20160526_VideoPlayers_ClosedCaptions.7z
      895.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom