Live TV - TV Card is not stopped correctly (1 Viewer)

onkelbonus

Portal Member
July 29, 2011
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 Prof. x64
CPU Type: AMD E-350
HDD: WDD Caviar Green 1TB
Memory: 4GB
Motherboard: Asrock E350M1
Video Card: Integrated HD 6310
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 11.9
Sound Card: Realtek ALC892
Sound Card Driver: R 2.65
1. TV Card: Technisat SkyStar USB 2 HD CI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: Latest

Hello,

since I'm using MP i have the following problem:
the SkyStar USB 2 HD CI has a blue LED that is on when you watch TV. When I use MP, it never turns off, only if you shutdown the pc. I tested power consumption on both the TV-Card and my DVB-S multi switch, and it is the same, whether i watch TV or not. This means that the TV-Server does not terminate DVB-S reception correctly. When using other software, if I stop Live TV, the Blue LED goes off and everything is fine. I just did a clean new install of Windows and MP, but the bug remains. I also tried almost every setting in the TV Server configuration, but nothing helps.

To reproduce this problem, I simply started Live TV and then stopped it, I attached the logs.

Could this get fixed maybe?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi onkelbonus

Tell me: does the LED turn off if you stop the TV Server? Go to the "manual control" section of TV Server configuration and click "stop service" to test this.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay

To be honest I don't consider this a bug. If the tuner must be completely de-initialised when not in use then this could significantly slow down TV startup times. Further, each tuner may behave differently. Certainly the data is not passing from the tuner through TV Server when TV is not on...

Have you checked that the power consumption of the tuner is lower when the LED is off?

The only thing I can suggest for you is to use the "always reset graph after stop" debug option - this *might* do what you want.

1. Open a command line (click start, type "cmd", hit enter/return).
    2. Type cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" (use the path to your TV Server install folder) and hit enter/return.
    3. Type SetupTv.exe /DebugOptions and hit enter/return.
    4. Go to the "Debug Options" setting.
    5. Tick "always reset graph after stop".
    6. Click OK.
    7. Perform your test.

If that doesn't work then you should turn the option off again.

mm

onkelbonus

Portal Member
    July 29, 2011
    AW: Live TV - TV Card is not stopped correctly

Unfortunately this did not help, and i checked the power consumption, it does not change, even though TV is off.
    I think the only think I can do then, is to use powerscheduler and send the pc to sleep. I did not want to do this because i was planning to use the HTPC also as server, but that won't be possible with this TV-Card...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Live TV - TV Card is not stopped correctly

Unfortunately this did not help...
    :(

...and i checked the power consumption, it does not change, even though TV is off.
    To be clear: do you mean that the power consumption is the same with TV on and off in other software as well, or it is higher in MediaPortal?
    What is the power consumption difference?

I would imagine the amount of power that you would save from having the tuner not operating would usually be very minimal, especially compared to the rest of the system power draw.

I think the only think I can do then, is to use powerscheduler and send the pc to sleep. I did not want to do this because i was planning to use the HTPC also as server, but that won't be possible with this TV-Card...
    Have you thought about using a wake-on-LAN packet to wake the server? I'm not 100% sure that this is supported, but there are settings for it in the "TV" section of MediaPortal configuration and I've seen other threads about it. You could give it a try.

mm

onkelbonus

Portal Member
    July 29, 2011

I didnt check the power consumption with other software, currently I have only MP installed. All i can tell is, that when the Blue LED is off, power consumption is 2W, when it's on its 6W. This would not be a problem if a, the card would not hang itself up if its on to long, and b, I did not have a Satellite Multiswitch, which consumes another 30W if the blue LED is on. That is just too much, considering that 35W are wasted for nothing 24/7. Anyway thanks for your help.

Have you thought about using a wake-on-LAN packet to wake the server? I'm not 100% sure that this is supported, but there are settings for it in the "TV" section of MediaPortal configuration and I've seen other threads about it. You could give it a try.
    I'm just using it as a file server.

I'm really getting frustrated, I did not know that a HTPC can cause that much trouble, now after I tried this debug option, Live TV does not work at all, I get an "unknown error", already tried restarting TV Service, changing some options - and that on my perfectly fresh install -.-
    Can you please help me at least restoring the functionality without having to reinstall MP and having to set up everything again?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Live TV - TV Card is not stopped correctly

I'm really getting frustrated, I did not know that a HTPC can cause that much trouble, now after I tried this debug option, Live TV does not work at all, I get an "unknown error", already tried restarting TV Service, changing some options - and that on my perfectly fresh install -.-
    Can you please help me at least restoring the functionality without having to reinstall MP and having to set up everything again?
    So you turned the option off and now there are problems? :(

Post logs using the watchdog - it is the only way I can know what is going on.

onkelbonus

Portal Member
    July 29, 2011

I attached the logs. I get the same error when I try to preview a channel in the TV Server config.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

The problem is that the Program table in your database is marked as crashed:

[COLLAPSE]Gentle.Common.GentleException: Update Program set state=0 where state<>0; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table '.\mptvdb\program' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId)
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet()
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    bei Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
    bei Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    bei Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.Execute(SqlStatement stmt, IDbConnection dbConnection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction)
    bei Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute()
    bei TvDatabase.Program.ResetAllStates()
    bei TvService.TVController.InitController()MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table '.\mptvdb\program' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId)
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet()
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    bei Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.Execute(SqlStatement stmt, IDbConnection dbConnection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction)
    bei Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute()
    bei TvDatabase.Program.ResetAllStates()
    bei TvService.TVController.InitController()[/COLLAPSE]

Completely unrelated and just a bad co-incidence.

To fix it:

1. Open a command line by clicking start, type "cmd", hit return/enter.
    2. Type cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin (this should be the path to the bin subdirectory within your MySQL install folder) and hit return/enter.
    3. Type mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p, and hit return/enter.
    4. A password prompt should appear. The default password is MediaPortal (case sensitive).

After that everything should work fine. :)

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom