[solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Hi again,

'First start' is the first MP start of the day normally from sleep but I'm sure it also happens from an OS startup (running Win7 64bit now with no problems) I can swap back to the Win 10 setup as I still have that SSD available with the same config if you need more details. Audio is provided straight to LG HDMI via Geforce 1030 HDMI with Nvidia drivers.

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Another strange thing....
Stopping TV and MP GUI before it happens and then restart MP GUI and TV = problem won't happen, however restarting TV service before it happens does nothing.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again,

'First start' is the first MP start of the day normally from sleep but I'm sure it also happens from an OS startup (running Win7 64bit now with no problems) I can swap back to the Win 10 setup as I still have that SSD available with the same config if you need more details. Audio is provided straight to LG HDMI via Geforce 1030 HDMI with Nvidia drivers.
    Sorry but for clarification are you actually starting MP after the OS has resumed from sleep or was MP running when you put it to sleep and is still up and running on resume (that works for me btw)? Also which audio renderer are you using? I am not aware of any issues with the Nvidia HDMI audio drivers but I have an amd gpu so that I cannot check.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Using one of the old official RC6 MCE remotes I always close MP with the top left hand button and then the system goes into standby after 5mins, to restart I use the top right hand button to bring the system out of sleep and then hit the green button to start MP.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    @joecrow thought I'd better bring this back up from one of my earlier posts in case you missed it:-

Noticed today that when the problem occurs if I go to the Home screen the preview window is showing the frozen video and the playback timer is running in a loop....2:38 counting up to 2:41 then back to 2:38 and starts the count again, this happens continuously.

Could it be a timeshift problem rather than audio?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could it be a timeshift problem rather than audio?
    Not sure, I would like to do some troubleshooting on my HTPC but where I live in Germany (Bavaria) has today announced a lock down starting tomorrow:eek: and I must check out the latest news on TV and developments through this evening.
    In the mean time can you post a screen shot of your codecs setup for TV from MP config, as per the attached example screenshot.
    mp1.jpg

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Okay I'll swap back over to the Win10 drive tomorrow and post the setup, I'll also try your suggestion about leaving MP running on suspend, I know it's not a fix but if it works I'll be happy with that.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll also try your suggestion about leaving MP running on suspend, I know it's not a fix but if it works I'll be happy with that.

By all means give that a try but while it works for me it can have other impacts and for sure I have no problems if I use your startup procedure.
    BTW is your Win 10 at 1909?

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    @joecrow, sorry for the late reply, but I haven't been well enough to do anything over the last week or so. Thought I'd clear this one up, I swapped back over to the Win 10 drive around 4 days ago and the problem appears to be gone (left it a few days in case it surfaced again), no idea why as no changes were made to the drive before/after the swap over, anyway I'm pretty relieved it's sorted.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good to hear it is working now. Just one other thing came to mind in case you have a further problem, I have had troubles if I hide both volume volume indicators and it is a specific Win 10 issue. The settings shown in the attached screenshot work for me.
    vol.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom