Live TV Works, but Client Cant Watch TV Recordings (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep, it sure does look like the same problem doesn't it.

Can you please also provide the server log files. This time please use the Watchdog [on the server] with option 3 ("export...") to generate the zip file.

P.S. The client log files are telling me that you haven't configured MP's TV codec settings:
    [collapse]
    [2016-07-14 09:13:37,896] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TSReaderPlayer: Add codecs
    [2016-07-14 09:13:38,301] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - VMR9: added EVR Renderer to graph
    [2016-07-14 09:13:38,306] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - VMR9: Now active
    [2016-07-14 09:13:38,311] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - VMR9: Renderer successfully added
    [2016-07-14 09:13:38,339] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Failed filter: not found
    [2016-07-14 09:13:38,364] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TSReaderPlayer: UpdateFilters Video done
    [2016-07-14 09:13:38,370] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Failed filter: not found[/collapse]

This won't solve the problem, but it's still highly recommended for avoiding other/future problems:
    1. Open MP Configuration.
    2. Go to the "codecs and renderer" section.
    3. Go to the "TV codecs" tab.
    4. Select the default DirectSound option for the audio renderer setting, and for all the other settings select the LAV option.
    5. Click OK to save the settings.

xPETEZx

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Ok here is all the logs server side. Ill take care of the Codec bit too. Thanks :)

Lot bigger file.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So it looks like you're using an older and non-standard version of MediaPortal/TV Server. Unfortunately that really does limit how much I can help you.

Since I'm not familiar with and don't have access to the code for the version you're using, I'm forced to make guesses or assumptions about what may or may not be different from a standard version of MP. My guess is that most of the streaming code is no different from standard, current versions of MP, but I have no way to know that for sure. If my guess is correct, the possible reasons for the problem really are slim:
    • the recording entry in TV Server's database does not contain any file name/path
    • the recording entry in TV Server's database contains an invalid file name/path
    • the recording entry in TV Server's database contains a valid file name/path, but TV Server is not able to access that path (ie. share/folder access/permissions issue)
    ...and as far as I can tell, that's it. If the streaming code in your modified version of MP/TV Server is the same as a standard version, all other error conditions should be logged... and I'm not seeing any error log entries.

I'm not able to be more helpful without direct access to your PC, and even then I could only check the contents of the database and compare it against the contents of the recording folder.

xPETEZx

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Sorry yes I should have mentioned.
    I am using a version built for use with the Sky TV Grabber plugin.

You have however led me to the problem answer, and I apologise as its a stupid one.

My recordings are stored on a file server. Not locally to the TV Server.

Now my guess is that the reason it works when local to the server, as the user logged into the server has rights to the File share.
    However, when a remote client is trying to access the recordings, the Service TV server runs as does not have rights to the File Share.

To get around this I run the service as a "Service Account" which does have access rights to the File Server.

When I installed the custom MP build for the Sky TV grabber it defaulted the service account.

So once again, thank you! Problem solved.

For anybody else seeing this error, if your recordings are remote to the TV Server, check your service account!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom