[confirm] LiveTV blank screen no sound on client video and sound works on server (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the reply, but I checked for threads and looked through the wiki before I asked. I did not find an easy solution. I don't know where to check for the UDP thingy for Media Portal. This requires more savvy than what I have. Getting the TV to work on a client shouldn't be this difficult for the "common" user.

sorry.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK - can you say what works at the moment i.e. do you get epg display etc on the client, or is it completely blank/non-responsive when you go into the TV section ?

If you can attempt to turn on live TV, do you just get a blank screen ?

Do you get a TsReader log created on the client ? If yes, then can you attach it ?

Tony

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    TV Guide, yes. Playing Streams are listed in the current streams dialog in MyTV. But only a black screen is display (no sound). The firewall is only blocking the TS stream (live and recorded). Turn Firewall off and the stream plays fine.

This is the Test Client in my system Specs

Logs attached

Thanks!

Chuck

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    OK - it looks like the firewall is just blocking the incoming UDP traffic (RTSP uses UDP for sending the actual video/audio stream from server to client).

I'm not running XP so it's hard to give step-by-step instructions, but there is an MS article on the XP firewall settings -> here <-

What you need to do is make sure MediaPortal.exe is setup as a Program exception in the firewall - hopefully this will unblock the inbound UDP and TCP ports for it.

To be honest, if this is a private network behind a router with a firewall you could probably just disable the firewall and forget about it, or use a third-party one that might be easier to configure....

Sorry I can't help much more....any XP experts out there ??

Tony

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I try to add MediaPortal.exe to the exception list, but I get a message saying that MediaPortal is already on the list ... but only Configuration.exe as "MediaPortal Configuration" is listed.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    OK - so what happens if you delete "MediaPortal Configuration" from the list (and save the settings etc), then go back in and try to add MediaPortal.exe again ?

Tony

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Tried that and still got the message. I just didn't see MediaPortal anywhere on the list.
    I finally did find the issue, though ... there was a blank unchecked field in the exception list, which I thought was odd. So I looked at the edit field... It was the missing MediaPortal.exe. I deleted and re-added MediaPortal.exe and Configuration.exe so they both show up on the list (checked) and all works now.

It looks like the MP install program didn't quite set the exceptions properly.

Thanks for the assistance :)!

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom