LiveTV Freezing Issue (1 Viewer)

Adam86

Portal Pro
April 19, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

Apologies I am new around here so I may miss some information.

Basically I have setup MediaPortal on an Optiplex PC for my brother. He has bought a TBS-6280 TV Card to deal with the TV side of things.

Having major issues with this. In fact if you have MediaPortal configured to start TV straight away, if the previous channel was a HD channel it just locks up. It seems if you were on a SD channel it works ok.

If i turn off the start live tv function, and then go into it and click TV On, providing i have an SD station chosen it seems to work, I can then switch to an HD channel no problem. But if I try going straight on to a HD channel, it locks up.

EPG guide is downloaded via EPG Centre, and then imported via XMLTV plugin.

I have tried with an old dual TV card and it doesnt seem to crash, however I am having a lot of signal issues with that card.

I have fiddled with tuner priorities, settings left right and centre.

The PC is exactly the same as my MediaPortal server, infact I have set all the settings and codecs up like for like, the only difference is the TV card hardware, I have a BGT3620 and have absolutely no trouble so I am going to rule out a codec issue here.

It would be great if someone could help us get to the bottom of this, although I am starting to think maybe there is a problem with the card. Here is some hardware information and the logs.

You may notice a change in PC name and the differencing TV cards.

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 (Fully Patched)
CPU Type: Intel G630
Motherboard: Optiplex
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics
1. TV Card: BGS-6280 Dual DVB-T2
1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-T2
MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDShow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDShow
h.264 Video Codec: FFDShow
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom