[solved] LiveTV Records Causing 100% Drive Activity (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for all the assistance; it is greatly appreciated. Rather than going the suggested route: I decided to do was I had stated earlier.
    I deleted all partitions (after taking the respective images, of course), then used Partition Master to do a surface scan, on the raw drive. As it came back with zero bad clusters, I thought it must somehow be hardware related.
    I moved the HDD SATA cable onto another motherboard port, and it seemed to have resolved the issue.
    Watching the local TVOne news (the station that had been causing all the buffering concerns), from both the LiveTV stream, as well as the recorded episode, there is no issue, with the HDD running at 0%-1%.
    Time will tell if this is permanent -I've read too many yahoo posts about resolved issues, only for them to resurface. But, as it stands, this seems dead & buried. Such a simple issue, & one that a PC tech would most likely have picked up on, pretty quickly. Still, I have left this thorough posting, in case someone in the future has similar issues.
    So I'll go ahead & class this thread as resolved.

Attachments

• HDD Drive Surface Test Results.jpg
      HDD Drive Surface Test Results.jpg
      460.3 KB
    • TVThree LiveTV.jpg
      TVThree LiveTV.jpg
      423.5 KB
    • TVOne Without Issues.jpg
      TVOne Without Issues.jpg
      404.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom