LiveTV Records Causing 100% Drive Activity (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Thanks for all the assistance; it is greatly appreciated. Rather than going the suggested route: I decided to do was I had stated earlier.
    I deleted all partitions (after taking the respective images, of course), then used Partition Master to do a surface scan, on the raw drive. As it came back with zero bad clusters, I thought it must somehow be hardware related.
    I moved the HDD SATA cable onto another motherboard port, and it seemed to have resolved the issue.
    Watching the local TVOne news (the station that had been causing all the buffering concerns), from both the LiveTV stream, as well as the recorded episode, there is no issue, with the HDD running at 0%-1%.
    Time will tell if this is permanent -I've read too many yahoo posts about resolved issues, only for them to resurface. But, as it stands, this seems dead & buried. Such a simple issue, & one that a PC tech would most likely have picked up on, pretty quickly. Still, I have left this thorough posting, in case someone in the future has similar issues.
    So I'll go ahead & class this thread as resolved.

Attachments

• HDD Drive Surface Test Results.jpg
      HDD Drive Surface Test Results.jpg
      460.3 KB
    • TVThree LiveTV.jpg
      TVThree LiveTV.jpg
      423.5 KB
    • TVOne Without Issues.jpg
      TVOne Without Issues.jpg
      404.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello guy's please can you try in this order : 1. - try to use official mediainfo tool : https://mediaarea.net/download/binary/mediainfo-gui/20.08/MediaInfo_GUI_20.08_Windows_i386_WithoutInstaller.7z unzip and open how many times for opening ? if fast please test next stuff. 2. (do backup of your db and thumbs folder first)...
    Hello guy's please can you try in this order : 1. - try to use official mediainfo tool ...
    Hi all, Not sure where this should go, as it encompasses a couple of issues, I have been having, for some time, over multiple MP...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
    TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen it more rarely than OP... i'll try some more testing using DRR, i usually switch between 50Hz p, for 25fps (dvb-t FTA ) content to 23.976 Hz for 23.976fps content, then back to 50Hz...
    interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen...
    I fully realize that this is probably not the correct place, or a correct bugreport, but since a while (maybe a month?) I have some...
    Replies
    Views
    Anyone?
    Anyone?
    MediaPortal Version: 1.19.0 Description I have a standalone Mediaportal setup with recording to a NAS. Timeshifting is to a local...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom