Loading music database (on startup) takes very long (1 Viewer)

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I was investigating the startup of MediaPortal and found out that namely the loading of the music database takes a long time, 10 seconds! Also the ChannelNavigator thing takes pretty long:
Code:
2013-03-21 16:14:45.865234 [Debug][CacheChannels(13)]: CacheChannelsThread: started
2013-03-21 16:14:46.009765 [Info.][CacheChannels(13)]: ChannelNavigator::LoadSettings()
2013-03-21 16:14:48.193359 [Warn.][Extension Settings(14)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\myextensions2settings.xml' is missing control id 3 (window property: btnDefaults)
2013-03-21 16:14:48.348632 [Debug][CacheChannels(13)]: CacheChannelsThread: ended
2013-03-21 16:14:49.232421 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: MusicDatabase: GetSongsByFilter - SQL: select distinct strAlbumArtist, strAlbum, dateAdded, strGenre, strPath from tracks order by dateLastPlayed desc limit 50;, Filter: tracks
2013-03-21 16:14:58.307617 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database: PictureDatabase.db3
2013-03-21 16:14:59.588867 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: [MP Upnp Renderer:] Started Plugin with Assembly-Version: 2.2.0.3

Any way to speed this up? The music database is a little more then 10MB. I'm not planning to remove some music.
I'm using a Kingston V+ 200 SSD

Logs: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...d-mediaportallogs_21_03_13__15_50-zip.124455/

edit:
Must be a plugin that loads the database, because in debug mode to report to Team MP, it doesn't do this.

Last edited:

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It's the LatestMediaHandler plugin with the latest music option enabled..

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Basicly plugins shouldn't do anything when they are started. All the long work should be done in a worker thread(s).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    I would also be concerned on why that query takes so long. 10secs to execute that query seems too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have just tested the dll, and it works fine on my thpc too :)(y) Thanks
    I have just tested the dll, and it works fine on my thpc too :)(y) Thanks
    Since the update to MediaPortal 1.27 it takes about three seconds to jump to the next or previous track. Also adding files and...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok I could solve my problem by myself. The logs said that the delimiter of that song is not in text form. Although it was already in text form and I deleted the music database, the title information was still not available. I ripped the song again and now it works. I think that something went wrong the first time.
    Ok I could solve my problem by myself. The logs said that the delimiter of that song is not in text form. Although it was already...
    Hi, After the update from 1.25 to 1.26 the replay gain functionality appears to be broken. I had no sound on all audio files (TV...
    Replies
    Views
    To anyone else who encounters the issue that the MediaPortal playback hangs and the I've found the rout cause for the "[ERROR] - BASS: GCHandle of Musicstream not found in Dictionary" is logged: On some of my files the Xing header was included in the audio frame count: Most players like Windows Media Player can handle this issue but...
    To anyone else who encounters the issue that the MediaPortal playback hangs and the I've found the rout cause for the "[ERROR] -...
    Hi, when playing music from a playlist sometimes suddenly the playback hangs in the middle of the track. When i press next, the...
    Replies
    Views
    this seems to be related to the Ares skin. It can be somewhat fixed by replacing the mytvrecordedtv.xml with the one found in the DefaultWide skin. It really messes up the overlays though.
    this seems to be related to the Ares skin. It can be somewhat fixed by replacing the mytvrecordedtv.xml with the one found in the...
    For the past year or so I have not been able to get into my TV recordings menu. MediaPortal wont crash, but it just hangs and...
    Replies
    Views
    That's awesome news! I can't say how I'm happy to help fellow XP user :D
    That's awesome news! I can't say how I'm happy to help fellow XP user :D
    Ok, I’m back, MP1.14 has been working great for the last few years, up until last month when a recording overwrote the hard drive...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom