Loading TV way too slow (1 Viewer)

Telstar

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
TV-Server Version: 0.3 I guess
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC3 (RC2 on test system)
MediaPortal Skin: xface
Windows Version: Vista x32
CPU Type: Q6600
HDD: WD GP 1TB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: Asus P5K
Motherboard Chipset: P35
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Geforce 7800GT
Video Card Driver: 163.44
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Cinergy T2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: latest BDA
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

When I select tv from the menu it takes at least 1 minute to load it during while the screen goes blank.
When I scanned for the channels also it took ages to display the properties of the adapter (5-10 real minutes).

I haven't tried an older version on this machine, but on another without tv tuner and RC2 when i click on the tv adapter properties, immediately comes the popup telling that i have no tuner.

Besides, it skipped some channels form the list and a couple channels do not work (black screen).

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Telstar,

A couple of comments:-

TV-Server Version: 0.3 I guess

Have you installed the TV Server, or are you using the built-in TV engine?

MediaPortal Skin: xface

Please test this agin with the default BlueTwo or BlueTwo Wide skin - this will eliminate the skin as a cause.

Also, repeat the steps to reproduce the problem and then attach your resulting MediaPortal.log file here, with a clear desciption of the steps you went through - that might give us a clue as to the cause....

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I guess also deactivate the "auto-turn on TV" option in config to see if this issue is related to the starting the TV card or something else.

How are your channel changes? are they also slow? if so, this may mean that you aren't getting a very strong signal and it takes a while to lock on.

Some TV cards come with signal strength tester software, this will also help see if that is the issue.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Do as Taipan say attach your logs, thats the only way to tell whats wrong & for us to be able to reproduce bugs or help you!

Regards
    Roy

Telstar

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Taipan said:
    Have you installed the TV Server, or are you using the built-in TV engine?
    Built-in engine of RC3.

Taipan said:
    Please test this agin with the default BlueTwo or BlueTwo Wide skin - this will eliminate the skin as a cause.
    Hmm it loaded quicker (and loaded the same channel that i had previously watching on DVBViewer.
    But after 5 seconds the video got stuck and all controls in MP were blocked.
    I'm going to try again. Changed channel within DVBViewer. Reloaded MP with blue wide and...
    select pictures to see if all is fine, and its fine. Click on TV and it hangs up. Waited 3 minutes then loaded the last channel used in MP (good).

Marcusb said:
    I guess also deactivate the "auto-turn on TV" option in config to see if this issue is related to the starting the TV card or something else.
    I never activated it.

Marcusb said:
    How are your channel changes? are they also slow? if so, this may mean that you aren't getting a very strong signal and it takes a while to lock on.
    The channel changes are quick, around 1s, like on DVBViewer or terratec power cinema.

ronilse said:
    Do as Taipan say attach your logs, thats the only way to tell whats wrong & for us to be able to reproduce bugs or help you!
    Ehm where are the logs?

Also remember this that is really weird:
    When I scanned for the channels also it took ages to display the properties of the adapter (5-10 real minutes).

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Your logs(since you use vista) are in C:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Log (%ProgramData%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Log).

Regards
    Roy

Telstar

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Uhm the logs are limited to the last time i load MP (plus previous as .bak), I have to reopen it and load tv. I have put x-face again but as verified above this does not matter. Good(?) is not responding again... preparing log 3 mins to load the tv.

Here's the log. I had checked one picture before loading tv

Telstar

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    On second thought it can just be that Vista on that system got messy due to various install and uninstall. I'm testing various stuff to prepare a HTPC.
    But I wanted to be sure if i can use MP for TV or not :)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Is it always that slow after you have been into My Pictures?
    Also see that you have a error in your log "DVBGraphBDA:Failed to connect mpeg2 demultiplexer->TIF" i'm not sure what that means, so maybe someone else knows.

Regards
    Roy

Telstar

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,
    Is it always that slow after you have been into My Pictures?
    Also see that you have a error in your log "DVBGraphBDA:Failed to connect mpeg2 demultiplexer->TIF" i'm not sure what that means, so maybe someone else knows.

Regards
    Roy

No, it doesn't matter where i came from when loading tv.

I think i know about tif: i added the extension for pictures. I will remove it but i dont think it matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom