Lockups and audio problems occurring when viewing TV (2 Viewers)

Shivian

Portal Pro
November 24, 2007
Home Country
Sorry, might not have disabled it. I was trying to play with it's settings in config. I'm at work atm so I can't check but I'll get back to you later today.

EDIT: I'm just fiddling with config settings. I'm a MP n00b so if I don't make sense then I'm not understanding how something works!

Datagrafx

Portal Member
October 24, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
you have a huge error.log which is about connection issues to the SQL-server.

[*]DELETE the MS SQL-Server installation folder or you will run into troubles with the old db files during the next installstion

Where is MS SQL-Server installation folder normally located on a WinXP system? I don't recall being asked where to put the installation files.

Shivian

Portal Pro
November 24, 2007
Home Country
you have a huge error.log which is about connection issues to the SQL-server.

[*]DELETE the MS SQL-Server installation folder or you will run into troubles with the old db files during the next installstion

Where is MS SQL-Server installation folder normally located on a WinXP system? I don't recall being asked where to put the installation files.
Usually in c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\ I believe.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you sure you're using TV Server I think you can only disable Timeshifting in the old TV system that is built in to MediaPortal

Shivian

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2007
    Home Country
    You can switch off the client using timeshifting. I don't know whether that has an effect on the timeshifting/recording of the TV server though.

Attached are screenies of what I was talking about.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Those settings doesn't do anything with TV Server & it's only used when old TV engine runs & those shouldn't be in there when TVPlugin it's installed......

Edit: now added to Mantis so we can get rid of those which doesn't do anything & can cause confusion ;)

Regards
    Roy

Shivian

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2007
    Home Country
    I then setup MP client and go to MyTV. When I select channels, my audio has severe noise (ear piecing) constantly. I was using the MPA audio decoder.
    I've found that this has happened once or twice since and I have solved it by changing the volume level via my IRTrans remote. It happened about 20 mins ago in the middle of watching a FTA HD channel. So some sort of intermittent bug?

I have noticed my audio "pops" on rare occasion when playing digital TV (doesn't happen for movies so I believe it is tuner or TV service related?). I have never heard audio pops before on set-top boxes and inbuilt tuners when the picture has been perfect - usually the picture breaks before the audio in my experience.

EDIT: Thanks ronilse. Sounds great :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I then setup MP client and go to MyTV. When I select channels, my audio has severe noise (ear piecing) constantly. I was using the MPA audio decoder.
    I've found that this has happened once or twice since and I have solved it by changing the volume level via my IRTrans remote. It happened about 20 mins ago in the middle of watching a FTA HD channel. So some sort of intermittent bug?

I have noticed my audio "pops" on rare occasion when playing digital TV (doesn't happen for movies so I believe it is tuner or TV service related?). I have never heard audio pops before on set-top boxes and inbuilt tuners when the picture has been perfect - usually the picture breaks before the audio in my experience.
    i know such "audio issues" only from "corrupted" streams.
    so either your input signal is not that good (but then video should show issues too), or there is something going wrong in the rtsp stream creation of TV-Server.
    both would be specific to your received signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom