Logitech Harmony 300i (1 Viewer)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    i have a 900 and added a mce remote 1039 to my logitech setup and enabled mce remote i mepo and it just worked :)
    there are some tweeks you can do to the remote, google for speed up your logitech harmony and you will find all you need.
    good luck!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If the HP IR receiver is 100% MS MCE compliant, then it should be a breeze. I have the 300 with the MCE receiver, after setting up the 300 using the online db of devices, I was able to control my entire media center.. TV, Surround, HTPC (MediaPortal) and my VCR/DVD combo. I did tweek some of the 300's buttons to do special tasks, but that is an entirely personal choice. Much of MP's command set is in the Logitech database (obviously some of the plugins are not supported directly)

good luck

Chuck

jbsoum

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    Sweet! I'm really excited to try and play with it a bit. I'm getting the receiver tomorrow, and I was going to control my cable box, htpc, and tv with the remote. I don't know how creative I'm allowed to be, but I was hoping to be able to program the watch tv button to do two things: turn on my tv and turn on my htpc. Not a big deal if it's not possible, but that would be pretty cool.

So, is MP listed as a device on the database? Or do I have to add Windows Media Center as a device?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Yes, MediaPortal is there. Since MP is the core of my setup, and the fact that it's on all the time, I only have the remote turn on my TV and Audio system (since they go into standby), then make MP the last active device. I don't know how you would configure it to wake up or be turned on with the remote (BIOS wake on USB maybe?) Hopefully there are others who can fill you in on that. As I have only ATSC over the air, I can't help on controlling the cable box either (sorry).

jbsoum

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    Ok, so you were able to set a button to send commands to two different devices at the same time? If so, then I think I can pull it off. Right now, I'm using 3 different remotes: one for tv, one for MP, and one for cable. The MP remote is capable of waking my pc from standby, so I'd imagine the Harmony should be able to do the same.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    The 300 sets a device button for up to 4 devices. on mine TV=TV, Audio=Cable/Sat, MP=VCR/Aux.. and my VCR/DVD =DVD. You can assign them any way you wish. Then the WatchTV button can be programmed to turn each device on in sequence (programming the Power button to do so), With mine. the power button is used to send the STOP command to MP, but Power for the other devices. Just program the Power button to send the Standby, Sleep or Hibernate (or whichever, I don't know) command to MP for sleep and wake-up (it can be only programmed one command).

jbsoum

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    Ok, so I can set the Watch TV button to turn my TV on and wake up my HTPC, and I can set the power button to turn my TV off and put my HTPC to sleep?

I also read somewhere that volume control can be set to a different device than the device im currently controlling. that would be convenient, since I don't really like controlling volume through my HTPC.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    The WatchTV button utilizes the Power button to turn on/off the currently selected device, but is programmed to select each device in sequence. I haven't checked in a while, but does the standby/sleep (?) command toggle on AND off?

Yes, I have the volume buttons programmed to control my Surround system when the MP device is active.

jbsoum

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    Yes, the sleep command toggles on and off. I know this because that's how my current MCE remote works. The way that Watch TV button works sounds a bit confusing, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out once I start messing with it.

I'm assuming that I would tell MP in config that I'm using a MCE remote?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom