[solved] logitech harmony touch general hid (1 Viewer)

hansmuff25

Portal Member
February 23, 2009
CyberSimian,

the HID demo tool shows Wesena Ir PC Controller (WindowsMediaCenterRemoteControl)

Manufacturer: Holtek

Product ID: 0xE000
Vendor ID: 0x1241

However HID Demo tool says "No device" and i can't find out what's received when pressing pause or stop button

Thanks.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    CyberSimian,

the HID demo tool shows Wesena Ir PC Controller (WindowsMediaCenterRemoteControl)

Manufacturer: Holtek

Product ID: 0xE000
    Vendor ID: 0x1241

However HID Demo tool says "No device" and i can't find out what's received when pressing pause or stop button

Thanks.

What about any of the other buttons? Do you get any output in the Messages tab?
    Screenshots?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

hansmuff25

Portal Member
    February 23, 2009
    The HID demo tool didn't log anything in messages window.

I uploaded a screenshot from the devices tab.

Although HID is't logging anything 90% of the buttons are working with Centarea HID, only pause, stop and forward isn't working

It might be the IR receiver mentioned by you: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=167500

So i might try flashing the mentioned firmware in that thread and see if it works better (or completely detroy the receiver ;-)

I didn't receive any mapping software but i will contact manufacturer

thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1452551616][/DOUBLEPOST]it's that IR receiver:

https://www.steigerdynamics.com/productcart/pc/configurePrd.asp?idProduct=623:

IR Module, RC6 / Media Center compatible, works with Logitech Harmony and other IR Remotes. Allows to control, start and shut down the system through an IR remote

i brought the ERA htpc from steigerdynamics...

Attachments

• HID_Demo.JPG
      HID_Demo.JPG
      41.6 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    90% of the buttons are working with Centarea HID, only pause, stop and forward isn't working
    I don't actually know what is wrong, but if you are happy to edit xml files, you might like to try the following change to see if it improves anything:

(1) This change is intended to address only the "Pause" button, so the other non-working buttons won't be fixed by this change. If this change fixes "Pause", then we can address the other buttons.

(2) Take a back-up copy of your existing "Centarea HID.xml", so that you can re-instate it if this all goes horribly wrong.

(3) Edit "Centarea HID.xml" (Notepad can be used if that is all you have). In the definition of the "Pause" button, change:
    code="179"
    to:
    code="10112"

(4) Restart MP and play live TV or video. Test the "Pause" button. Does it now work?

What I think might be happening is this: the Ortek/Hama remote sends MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE for the "Pause" button, and "Centarea HID" is set up to look for this. But your Harmony may be sending CTRL_P, and so "Centarea HID" won't recognise it. The above change will cause "Centarea HID" to look for CTRL_P instead of MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

hansmuff25

Portal Member
    February 23, 2009
    CyberSimian,

thanks for your help

My harmony touch is configured as Microsoft Windows Media Center SE device. pause button is simply mapped as "Pause (Media Center PC SE)"

However i can try re-mapping to CTRL_P tomorrow as i currently have problems connecting my harmony to Windows 10 (myharmony.com software)

I think i have to add a MCE Keyboard device to the harmony to be able to map keyboard shortcuts?

changing to code="10112" in the Centarea HID.xml didn't solve the problem.

if editing the xml is an option of course i will try but how can i figure out which command is received by the IR receiver when pressing pause or stop button? the hid demo tool shows nothing. is showkey an option? http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmce/files/ShowKey.exe/download

thanky to everyone for your help,

ckuever

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There should be ways to get that device to work with HID. Looking at your device properties you attached above it says button count 0 which is odd, usually MCE remotes are showing like 255 buttons. I wonder if your remote might be trying to act more like a gamepad :)
    There is a new version of the HID demo. Could update your installation, run the new one push a few buttons go to the Logs tab copy and paste its content here in a 'spoiler'.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    changing to code="10112" in the Centarea HID.xml didn't solve the problem.
    :(

how can i figure out which command is received by the IR receiver when pressing pause or stop button?
    I should have suggested this in the first place:

(1) Enable DEBUG mode in "MP Config".
    (2) Go to the "Sceneo" tab, and enable logging.
    (3) Run MP and press the buttons on the remote that are not being recognised.
    (4) Exit MP.

If you now look in the "MediaPortal.log" file, there should be some entries originating from the "Centarea HID". Search for the string "Centarea" and use repeat-find to find successive occurrences. After the Centarea initialisation (several lines), you will then find that it displays the button code that it receives each time a button is pressed. This is what needs to be specified for code="nnn" in the xml file.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

hansmuff25

Portal Member
    February 23, 2009
    CyberSimian,

thanks so much, that was exactly the information i needed.

I successfully remapped stop, pause... buttons

Now i have only one problem missing: power on / poweroff (standby)

The problem is when pressing the "off" button on harmony (see attached screenshot) no command is received in mediaportal (and nothing is logged)

In myharmony.com config for "Windows Media Center SE" device the off button is simply not recognized and not selectable for re-mapping

Does anyone have some more harmony knowledge how to get that fixed?

and probably configure harmony action to wake-up mediaportal (and the htpc) from standby?

thanks for your support!

Attachments

• harmonyJPG.JPG
      harmonyJPG.JPG
      13.6 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is when pressing the "off" button on harmony (see attached screenshot) no command is received in mediaportal (and nothing is logged)
    The "Off" button is not sending Windows commands. Instead it uses the device information that you have defined for your Harmony. More precisely the off button will send the individual "Power Off" commands for every device of your setup (e.g. TV, AVR, etc.) that you have set up in such way that it switches off if not required for the given function.

and probably configure harmony action to wake-up mediaportal (and the htpc) from standby?
    Wake-up works exactly the same way. The Harmony will send "Power On" (or its equivalent) for each device that is part of the respective function. Unfortunately very often PC's will not that easily wake up. Usually the command to wake up a Windows machine is "Power Toggle" and a standard Logiteh setup sends this command, which is nonetheless configurable.

That said, you may encounter issues to wake up your machine without tweaking that setup in such way that you extend the duration of the transmitted signal. Details depend on the Harmony model.

Notwithstanding, I have not been able to set up my own Harmony to wake up my own PC. I have no issues waking it up with a €3.50 MCE-compatible remote though, so there is hope that I will one day be successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom