[Videos] Long pause before playing videos (1 Viewer)

doclorenzo

Portal Member
October 18, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Dankie!

logs attached

As Manfred replied, the delay (in this case) is caused by "Mediainfo". Go to
Download MediaInfo from SourceForge.net
and extract 'mediainfo.dll' to your Mediaportal program folder (eg C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\)- replacing the old dll (you might want to backup the original dll (version 0.7.20.0) first..).

Version 0.7.23.0 seems to speed up things with HD material, but might slow it down a bit for other material, I haven't tested it thoroughly.
Best regards
John

EDIT: Well it seems the new dll creates other problems with a program called mtn.exe hogging the cpu completely. The video starts right away but stutters (is unwatchable) for 20-40 seconds..
The solution for this is disabling the autocreation of thumbnails in mediaportal config - general - thumbnails
I have not been able to bypass this even using other mediainfo.dll versions and I cannot find a new version of mtn.exe (the thumbnail generation program).
- John

guitardood

October 21, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was having a similar problem with MKV files especially. I had a version 0.7.8 of mediainfo.dll and copied it over to MediaPortal folder and the Beta is now smokin fast like 1.0.2 was. Hope this helps.

Best,
Guitardood

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    EDIT: Well it seems the new dll creates other problems with a program called mtn.exe hogging the cpu completely. The video starts right away but stutters (is unwatchable) for 20-40 seconds..
    The solution for this is disabling the autocreation of thumbnails in mediaportal config - general - thumbnails
    I have not been able to bypass this even using other mediainfo.dll versions and I cannot find a new version of mtn.exe (the thumbnail generation program).
    - John
    Mediainfo.dll and mtn.exe are unrelated. Mtn is used to create video thumbnails (on demand) and is known to be a problem (it may even cause crashes on some ocasions). This is being worked on. The reason you see the stuttering problem now is that with the old mediainfo being slow, video playback did not start until after mtn had finished.

doclorenzo

Portal Member
    October 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Mediainfo.dll and mtn.exe are unrelated. Mtn is used to create video thumbnails (on demand) and is known to be a problem (it may even cause crashes on some ocasions). This is being worked on. The reason you see the stuttering problem now is that with the old mediainfo being slow, video playback did not start until after mtn had finished.
    That makes sense - I wasn't quite sure if mtn.exe used mediainfo somehow. :D

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem for me here. mediainfo is slow cause i've to use a powerlan with only about 30-40mbit/s fast enough for TV / Movies but not fast enough for mediainfo. Mediainfo works fine / fast when file is on the same machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom