[confirm] Long time to play CD (2 Viewers)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 rc1
MediaPortal Skin: Several
Windows Version: win7 home premium 32 bit
CPU Type: intel e8400
HDD: 1 TB
Memory: 2 gig
Motherboard: intel dg45id
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I was running 1.1 beta, and did an UPGRADE to RC1. No uninstall of anyting was done.

Ok, I spent a lot of time today tracking down this issue. When I insert a CD, and then click on the 'Play Disc' shortcut, or the 'Play CD' button inside my music, it takes about a minute before anything starts actually playing. From the play disc shortcut, the moent you hit the button, the screen goes black and sits there until music starts playing about a minute later. From within Music, hiting the Play CD button does not blank the screen, but it still does nothing for about a minute, then starts playing the CD. Ripped discs play instantly. Also, the Track information for the CD is not displayed correctly I only get the first track Displayed. The rest all show Track 02, etc... When Music progresses to the next track, and the second track starts playing, The display does not update to show the title of the second track. still shows the first track.

Form the logs, it appears the Music section is integrated with last FM (audio scrobbler) for some reason and that appears to be taking a long time to do things.

Log files attached. Also taking a screen shot and will post it.

So far, the excitement of RC1 has been ruined with issues I am having (yes multiple). But the speed of the GUI is really nice.
thanks.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Ok, more info. When I started to play the CD again, I got track 2 to display as well as track 1.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    149.2 KB

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Well, crud. I guess I will try a full uninstall\re-install to see if this fixes my issue. I jumped the gun and did an upgrade. Just read in the release notes that you can't do this, so I will try again and see what happens...

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Wow, no responses. Play Disc shortcut does NOT work correctly. If I put in a DVD, it does not show video. I only get audio. if I put in a Music CD, I get music, but only after a LONG wait. Same issues as above. I do NOT have the audio scrobbler turned on, but did before. same response either way.

Hoping someone knows something about this.

Ok, it appears that the dvd portion of my issue is codecs. What worked for me perfectly in he beta does not work in RC1. I am using the power dvd 9 codecs for dvd playback using the internal player. If I switch those to then MPC decoders, I get video and audio, but it crashes MP during playback.

I will create a differnt issue (or add to current issues) of what I am seeing.

This appears to be totally unrelated to the slow startup time of playing a cd.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Having you got the latest Moving Pictures installed, that has been causing issues with DVD playback, the problem is being resolved...

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
why yes I do. Does it interfere with CD as well? After looking around yesterday, I found some info about that. I am going to uninstall moving pictures and see what happens.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Ok, I uninstalled moving pictures, and I still have a long wait time before a cd starts to play. it does not matter if I use the play disc button from the main menu, or the pla button from within music.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
I am still having this issue even after moving to RC2. This is for CD's only. It does not matter if I use the "play disc when instered" selection, the PLAY DISC menu item, or the PLAY CD button in My Music. It takes almost a minute from the time I hit the button (or insert the disc) before anything starts playing. Also, it seems like it is longer now than it was in RC1, but that could be just me. I have not looked at any log files to determine that and compare with what I posted earlier with RC1. The issue of it not populating the current playlist with all of the track of the album is still present, too.

thanks

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am still having this issue even after moving to RC2. This is for CD's only. It does not matter if I use the "play disc when instered" selection, the PLAY DISC menu item, or the PLAY CD button in My Music. It takes almost a minute from the time I hit the button (or insert the disc) before anything starts playing. Also, it seems like it is longer now than it was in RC1, but that could be just me. I have not looked at any log files to determine that and compare with what I posted earlier with RC1. The issue of it not populating the current playlist with all of the track of the album is still present, too.

thanks

Code:
    2010-02-20 17:51:52.911132 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: CD Autoplay = auto
    2010-02-20 17:53:34.059570 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.Play(E:\Track01.cda Unknown)
    Shows the delay of a minute plus but not why....

Could you disable all third party plugins and use B3W skin and provide clean logs just to rule out anything external
    (will try and re-produce this when I get home)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    I will do that in a few hours have to finish work for the day.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom