Loss of audio on TV streams

Discussion in 'Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)' started by TheBatfink, February 27, 2014.

1. TheBatfink
    • Premium Supporter

TheBatfink MP Donator

Business System Analyst
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi, I'm starting to have issues with sound and I'm not sure if its a mepo issue or something on my machine.

First, I have been noticing that after my system resumes from its scheduled sleep (set in powerscheduler) after a period of inactivity - I have no sound at all. Rebooting the PC fixes the problem.

Secondly, I have just noticed so strange problems with TV. From a fresh reboot of my PC and loading up mepo, if I tune to a SD channel I have sound OK. If I tune to a HD channel, I get 5 or so seconds of a weird static type sound then all audio cuts off. No matter what I do from this point, I have no sound on SD or HD channels.
    If I close mepo and open up Sounds in control panel and 'test' the active device, I get the test bongs fine.

The attached logs will probably only show issue two if anything as I just cleared out the log folder prior to testing out the TV audio.. Hopefully I can repeat the loss of sound on resume and post those logs later.

Any help would be much appreciated!

For information I am using 1.6 Final and I haven't really changed anything I'm aware of recently that could of caused this. Also my audio is via HDMI and I have all my codecs set to LAV and direct sound device.

Thanks!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TheBatfink
    • Premium Supporter

TheBatfink MP Donator

Business System Analyst
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I think its my AV receiver as after hooking another piece of equipment up to it I can replicate it.. After the hassle I've had with this 3 month old receiver I'd recommend anyone anything but Onkyo!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!