Loss of Navigation Sounds on Resume from Sleep Mp 1.21 (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have only noticed this problem since updating to MP 1.21 Final, on resume from sleep I do not get any sound when navigating (and maybe no audio at all, never tried further), no problem from the desktop the Win 10 audio setup looks normal and will play test sounds etc. Closing and restarting MP fixes the problem, see in attached log at around 1am today. Also on several occasions when this occurs I have attempted to change the volume or mute/unmute with the remote but that usually causes MP to hang and I need to use Taskmgr to kill MP, an example of this may be in the log around 5pm yesterday.
    I have temporarily gone back to 1.20 Final as the default for trouble-shooting and will get back here over the next few days with the result but would much appreciate it if someone could see if there is anything in the logs.

BTW the issue of 1.21 pre not returning to the default refresh rate (stays on 23hz which makes the navigation jerky) after playing a 3D .mkv, which I reported here is still present in 1.21 Final and I can again confirm it is not an issue with 1.20 Final, is this a bug?

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_08_02_19__08_32.zip
      1.7 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey,
    I'm working on trying to fix some audio device failed to detect, it's totally WIP, but can you test the attached bin?

Attachments

• Core_V9.zip
      1.6 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    Thanks for the new core I will give it a try when I go back to 1.21 tomorrow. FYI. 1.20 has been solid as a rock, no sleep/resume issues.:p

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will give the new version a try but actually V9 has not failed so far.:)

Spoke too soon!:( No audio on wake up today at 12:55, tried mute/unmute which was displayed on the AVR but then tried volume up only went once and MP froze and had to kill it with Task Manager. Logs attached.
    Will now try the new version.;)

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_12_02_19__12_58.zip
      1.6 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No good same problem:(, no navigation sounds on resume from sleep then hangs, in this case as soon as I tried to play some music. From Task Manager MP is shown as "inactive" but is using 7-8% cpu and mouse pointer is not visible in MP window! Logs attached for wakup around 15:30

Edit corrected time of error.:oops:

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_12_02_19__15_35.zip
      1.1 MB
    Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the previous post, the problem also occurs following a Win 10 restart (MP is set to auto start with OS in Task Manager), at least with the latest test files. For unrelated reasons the PC was restarted several times this morning and the failure showed at least 50% of the time. I will need to go back to MP 1.20 if no fix before the weekend (WAF).:rolleyes:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks like the problem lies with the MP Config/General/Volume Settings, if I ever tick the box "Hide Windows OSD" then the problem will happen sooner or later.o_O Seems to be a bug???:unsure:
    See the attached screenshots, the first 2 will cause the failure thje 2nd 2 are problem free, also note the 5th screenshot which shows the CEC Remote settings which I use to control the AVR volume.
    I would normally choose not to display either the Windows or the MP volume OSD (they are both locked on 100% anyway) as the AVR has its own volume OSD.

Hope that helps for the fix.;)

Fails.jpg Fails2.jpg

works.jpg works2.jpg
    cecSettings.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom