Loss Of Video Intermittently (1 Viewer)

macmr

Portal Pro
August 21, 2011
Home Country
I have had on intermittent occasions over various MP releases where I've suddenly lost the video stream to the TV. This normally happens when changing from watching a recorded tv program to another recording or even going back to watching live. The audio is always ok.

The weird thing is that when I lose the video when trying to play a recording or live tv all the menus work ok so that tells me the video connection is ok just the ability for MP to play anything.

Much appreciated if someone could analyse the attached log files to see if anything stands out.

I have added notes at the following points in the Mediaportal.log file to show what is happening and where:

2021-12-23 18:57:53
2021-12-23 18:57:56
2021-12-23 18:58:01
2021-12-23 18:58:06
2021-12-23 19:02:53
2021-12-23 19:03:34
2021-12-23 19:04:11
2021-12-23 19:04:30

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_23_12_21__19_05.zip
    5.1 MB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've suddenly lost the video stream to the TV. This normally happens when changing from watching a recorded tv program to another recording or even going back to watching live. The audio is always ok. The weird thing is that when I lose the video when trying to play a recording or live tv all the menus work ok
    Do you have the MP screen-saver enabled?

I encounter the same symptoms as you, but for me it occurs after I have allowed the MP screen-saver to blank the screen when on an MP panel. When I subsequently try to play a video or watch TV, occasionally the audio will play but the screen remains blank. The pause OSD and the info OSD display as normal, but the video remains blank. Curiously, this never happens if I pause playback; the screen blanks after the specified time, but the video always resumes successfully.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have seen somewhat similar problems in the early days of Madvr integration which from memory was a combination of a wrong setting (in Madvr) and a bug. If you are not using Madvr then I doubt it could be the same problem but just in case see if toggling from full screen to windowed mode (Alt+Enter) and back again kicks the video back in.
    It may also be worth a try to disable the setting shown below default is enabled, as it is known to cause video issues on some systems though usually on resume from sleep.

314336_config1.jpg

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Do you have the MP screen-saver enabled?

No this setting is disabled

It may also be worth a try to disable the setting shown below default is enabled, as it is known to cause video issues on some systems though usually on resume from sleep.

View attachment 209633

I have disabled this as suggested. I doubt it will change anything but I will give it a go.

I was hoping that the supplied log files "might" pinpoint the issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom