wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

probably that concerns mainly James ...

First of all thanks for taking care for the german grabber!

My 'problem': as around 30% to 50% of all programs do not have the additional informations that is displayed along with the title ('unknown' is displayed) I did test a little with tvinfo and tvtoday. I found that tvtoday should contain a little more information ...

But then I found that (at least for ARD) tvinfo is ALWAYS taken - even though I selected tvtoday.

I did explicitly erase the TVguide.xml - regenerate it and found that for '12:15 ARD Buffet' the subtext from tvinfo is taken <Hallo Buffet (Call-In): Perlen / Teledoktor: Bluthochdruck Therapie / Guten Appetit: Heißes für kalte Tage - Eintöpfe> and not the one from tvtoday <Infomagazin - Moderation: Bernd Schröder>.

thanks+regards
WeWe

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Sometimes a grabber will only get a fraction of the descriptions/other information available because of limitations on the amount of information a server or website allows you to get all at once (to limit the use of such grabbers). I don't know if this is what is happening in your case, but this is true for Australian EPG grabbers that work, for example, from yahoo.com.au.

broadband412

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
New Yrok
This is also the case for me. I am in the US Over here they show basketball during this time of the year and all the guide says is NBA basketball and the description says unknown. It should at least say the teams that are playing in the description. This is using XMLTV. Webepg would crash on me if I tried to get epg data for more than a handful of channels. Also, can someone refresh my memory on wether or not the epg displays episode titles for US tv shows? I cannot check at the moment as I am not at my computer which has mediaportal installed. Thanks.

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
to broadband412 and wishywashy:

you are speaking about other issues - those were not the intention of this thread.

In your cases there simply isn't more information in the web-sites that are grabbed. You can easily check that if you go to that web-site and see what's in there.

(and moreover this is a thread for WebEPG and not for xmltv ... don't be angry with me but it doesn't help anbybody if we mix all issues together :roll: )

My problem is that I told WebEPG to go and grab website A but then it grabs from Website B

thanks+regards
WeWe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom