Low resolution on videos from youtube. (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, feels a bit clunky.
    In youtube-dl they download the 2 streams and merge those into one.
    In theory that could also be done in onlinevideos, but it's quite a challenge to make that work (I have to include something like ffmpeg in the onlinevideos i guess)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In youtube-dl they download the 2 streams and merge those into one.
    youtube-dl Documentation:
    You can merge the video and audio of two formats into a single file using -f <video-format>+<audio-format> (requires ffmpeg or avconv installed), for example -f bestvideo+bestaudio will download the best video-only format, the best audio-only format and mux them together with ffmpeg/avconv.
    but it's quite a challenge to make that work
    Step1 Download Video stream
    Step 2 Download Audio stream
    Step 3 Merge
    or
    Simple run youtube-dl - And let him do all the necessary work. :):whistle::coffee:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is only one parameter in the IPlayer.play method to specify an url, so at the very least that needs to be extended

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm digging this old thread up, because I'm having the exaxct same issue now. For some time now the prompt to select the video quality for YouTube is gone and all videos are played with 640x480 resolution without any dialog to select the quality. I used to be able to select either 720p or VGA. Is that 'normal', due to YouTube-API-shenanigans or is there something wrong on my end? I tried fiddling with the few setting the site-plugin offers that to me look related to this (namely preferred format and video quality), but with no difference in outcome. I just updated from MP1.33 (x64) to 1.34 (x64) and no difference there as well.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you have an example for this, so I can investigate?

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I set my log level to debug and played a random YouTube video (This one: [LINK]). Here is the OnlineVideos.log-file. If you need any other logs or additional info please let me know.

Thank you for looking into this.

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.log
      13.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom