Macros not running (1 Viewer)

madas

Portal Pro
November 5, 2007
Hello all,

I'm trying to have two buttons on my MCE remote run a couple of macros so i switched from MP native remote control to the MP Control Plugin. I have done the following

1. Disabled MP's Native Remote stuff
2. Added the IRSS plugin
3. Created my macros (MP Actions - ACTION_CONTEXT_MENU, pause 2 seconds, ACTION_PREV_CHAPTER, pause 2 seconds, ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU) . I have also tried just a simple one liner like ACTION_NEXT_CHAPTER or sending F8 as a keystroke
4. I went to mappings and mapped this macro to the Red/Green button on my remote, No context
5. Restart everything and reviewed the debug client, i see the buttons being pressed

The macros never seem to fire/send any events to MP. All other button presses seem to work fine. If i remap that button to just access a regular MP function (not through a macro) it works fine.

What did i miss?, how can i debug this? the logs just seem to register the button press but don't have any more useful information

Thanks

M

madas

Portal Pro
November 5, 2007
Hello,

I created a two macros

Name: 1
Macro: MediaPortal Action: REMOTE_1

Name: 2
Macro MediaPortal Action: REMOTE_2

I assigned these with "No Condition" to some buttons on my remote. Neither does anything.

I also tried as suggested to map the macros to a regular button (in my case button 1)...it still does nothing.

Any more ideas for debug?

I am able to produce the same problem on all of my MP machines, all are W7 x64 running the latest version of MP, FTR and the IRSS plugins

Thanks

M

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm not realy, sorry. For me its working with my harmony ONE as MCE. I can make some screenshots from my setting within the MP Control plugin configuration if you want...

madas

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2007
    that might be handy if you don't mind. I think my config is setup fine though. I was really hoping there was some debug information somewhere

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should have some debug files in the Install directory of the IRSS Server. There you should find information about which keys where pressed and so...

edit: can you find these log files?

I looked at my settings and dont think that this will help you much...i think you got a problem with you mapping within the MP Control Plugin. Some questions about that.

- have you enabled the "multi-mapping" feature? there is a problem when you enable this and has a defined mapping under "remote controls" --> "map buttons"

- have you set the keymapping under "remote controls" --> "map buttons"?

edit2: i read you post again...which of the buttons you would like to map? i will test if the same setting will work for me because at the moment i only control an external .exe via commandline and that works. "pause" and "toggle input layer" function in the macros are also working

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok i found something.. its working for me BUT not in the default Layer!
    It works only if i use a different layer or different mapping (Multi-Mapping feature).
    Maybe you try if thats working for you too!?

The screenshot shows the macro(test) mapped to "Remotebutton 1" in the second layer of my default mapping (standard). Dont forget to set a button for "toggle input layer" for testing. I am pretty sure that this is working for you too but i dont understand why no macro seems to be working on the other layer....I tested different conditions and buttons....

Bild 013.png

madas

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2007
    Hi Legnod...i'll give that a try this weekend. I'm just working on another issue with my setup at the moment..both my colossus cards just stopped working....will report back about the macros shortly....

What is the default layer for MP? 1?

madas

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2007
    Hi, ok i'm a bit confused

I'm mapping my yellow button on my MCE remote to a macro that presses the 1 key. I have changed this to "Layer 1" instead of "No Condition".

My blue key is not mapped to anything

So I go to the multi mapping screen and say "Enable" and set the "Mapping Change button" to be the blue key

Load MP and press the yellow button, nothing. Press the blue button and a msg box pops up "MPControlPlugin". Then try the yellow again and still nothing.

What am i missing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom