madVR Settings thread | Page 20

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by The_Stig, May 18, 2016.

1. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I have always used AMD video cards but did try an Nvidia 1050ti a while back, generally a nice card but I always had problems getting it to play 3D. Driver updates would invariably kill 3D playback which was iffy at the best of times. I gave up on it, sold it and replaced it with the then similarly priced AMD RX 570. No problems with 3D on the RX 570 which has the added advantage of a zero fan speed option if the card is not running hot and it copes well with some of the heavier Madvr settings.
    BTW as I understand it Nvidia have recently officially dropped 3D support on their current gpu drivers.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. azzuro
    • Team MediaPortal

azzuro Test Group

technician HVAC
    Ratings:
    +4,215 / 13
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    i always read than nvidia was better for madvr, but maybe it's wrong.
    i like the video section on amd, for me amd was always better on video rendering, but maybe now nvidia have same quality.

4. daWooky
    • Premium Supporter

daWooky MP Donator

Ratings:
    +924 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    yes, nvidia dropped 3d support silently... current drivers don't offer the 3d option any more.:cry:
    425.31 was the last official driver package with 3dvision
    Support Plan for 3DVision Products | NVIDIA :(

5. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    For me this was only something I noticed in passing but I can't help wondering if Nvidia are not breaking the HDMI 1.4+ spec by this. Setting up 3D with Nvidia always seemed very messy and unreliable, but was this just to support their own 3D product, although for me frame packed Bluray 3D would not play without successfully performing the setup. With AMD there is no setup for 3D and frame packed BD just works, given the spec. of 1.4+ I don't understand why the same is not true for Nvidia.:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  6. LoDeNo

LoDeNo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    I did some addtionnal tests with various LAV settings (all tests with 4K HDR films on 4K TV):
    - DXVA Write back : smooth, works well, good image quality
    - D3D11 : smooth, good image quality, sound problem, some crash with DVD's
    - Nvidia CUVID : smooth, works well, image quality not as good as other settings

I choosed on the DXVA Write back setting.
    I try to change MadVR settiings, but for the moment i did not see any différences (performance/quality).

Last edited: November 9, 2019 at 20:42
    • Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!