madVR Settings thread (3 Viewers)

ThoW1982

Portal Member
November 6, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I had also color problem when choosing "send HDR data to the display" or "passthrough HDR to display"
Try another parameter.

I have tried tone mapping HDR and then display as HDR but same thing happens - SDR is OK until I play HDR - once I play HDR, SDR content colors and wrong and I need to restart Mediaportal.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
No solution to this problem....so thought I'd try again!!
Madvr installed....yes
Icon appears in tray....yes
Selecting icon shows 'edit madvr settings'....yes

Then....selecting 'edit madvr settings'.....settings window appears for 1 second...then GONE!!!...window disappears!!!

How can I correct this please??

UPDATE
Seems this was my 'bad' all along!:oops:
Downloaded madvr zip file should've been extracted to folder (called madvr)...and instead, contents were floating 'outside' such a folder.
Now sorted and appears good.

Is there a 'user guide' (especially for dummies)...as still don't have a clue as to how to setup madvr???

Last edited:

bilis4

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece
No solution to this problem....so thought I'd try again!!
Madvr installed....yes
Icon appears in tray....yes
Selecting icon shows 'edit madvr settings'....yes

Then....selecting 'edit madvr settings'.....settings window appears for 1 second...then GONE!!!...window disappears!!!

How can I correct this please??

UPDATE
Seems this was my 'bad' all along!:oops:
Downloaded madvr zip file should've been extracted to folder (called madvr)...and instead, contents were floating 'outside' such a folder.
Now sorted and appears good.

Is there a 'user guide' (especially for dummies)...as still don't have a clue as to how to setup madvr???
I find this extremely helpfull

biship

Portal Pro
June 14, 2008
Same issue. After every HDR I play, windows stays in HDR mode, which makes SDR content really dark.
I have to reboot the entire PC to fix.

ThePlayerPPC

Portal Pro
November 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello, i've read the Thread and wonder what i do wrong with the madvr settings.
With VLC as standalone or set as the default player in MP the playback of 1080p and 4K HDR content is smooth and the playback starts immediately.
But when i set madvr as renderer MP needs like 2-4 seconds to start playback and with content in sdr or 1080p i have some framedrops.
With 4K it's a slideshow.
My madvr settings are set like these of @ThoW1982.
So any sugestion how to get the playback smooth?
My Config is:
Ryzen 5 2400g, 16Gig Ram, Win10 latest with latest drivers and madvr

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What graphics do you have and have you set up the LAV video to use hardware accelaration? For example see attached screenshot.
    lav.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK that's good. If you play a problem video is your graphics shown as the "Active Hardware Accelerator" (see previous LAV screenshot) and what is the CPU usage?

CuraeL

July 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Your upscaling and/or post-processing is probably set too generous. Otherwise framedrops won't happen. Make sure MadVR is running at the same frame rate as your display too. When running 1080p and 4k, please press Ctrl - J and print screen so we can see what the renderer outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom